She's Here!!

Started by Rockpig, October 26, 2009, 01:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockpig

Well, got the new smoker today!  I have bisquettes on order but just couldn't wait for them to arrive to season her so I ran to the local Gander Mountain (an hour and a half each way) to get some bisquettes.  Glad I went, they had the 4 extra racks for $14.99.  Anyway, back to the story.  Ran home to find the UPS box at the door.  Dragged it to the porch and set her up-NO!  She's not working-no power!  A quick post in the digi section and a call to Bradley fixed the issue, disconnnected wire in the generator!  (I must have done it when I took it apart to realign the bisquette stack and the mounting holes).
Anyway, here she is-working on getting that shiny surface a little smokey-she's seasoning as I type!

I got her on e-Bay at a great price, $250 and $50 shipping.  Seller described it as new, never used with a scratched top and dents in the inner part of the door.  They say the damage is from it being shipped to them.  The scratches on top near the vent are absolutely nothing, the dents, well pictures say a thousand words...

They actually aren't dents, more like scratches.  Looks like the drip tray got a little bent and rubbed against the inner part of the door.  Straightened out the drip tray, put her all together and now I'm on the way to the butcher!!!

HawkeyeSmokes

Glad to see ya got it up and running Rockpig. Get a few good smokes in that bad boy and those scratches inside the door will be gone from sight.  ;D Happy smoking and keep that vent open!
HawkeyeSmokes

outdoorsfellar

Looks like you got a sweet deal !

JoeHifi

Man, you got an excellent price.

centflasmoker

That's one heck of a deal. congrats.

Dr. Evil

Brian Bradley for Prime Minister !!

Hopefull Romantic

I have seen that deal on ebay. Glad you got it Rockpig and it was a great price.

We would love so see what comes out of the Bradley so please post pictures with the food results.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

OU812

You got a great deal on that scratch and dent Bradley, after a couple smokes you wont even know they are even there.

So whats going to be in there for your maiden voyage ?

Tenpoint5

Looky there he's a skinny dude. Won't stay that way long once he gets the Bradley all seasoned up and running!! ;D Won't be taking any pictures of himself in the door either.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KevinG

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 27, 2009, 07:24:37 AM
Looky there he's a skinny dude. Won't stay that way long once he gets the Bradley all seasoned up and running!! ;D Won't be taking any pictures of himself in the door either.

;D :D Can't get anything past you!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Rockpig

That's correct, at 6'3" tall I'm a whopping 177 pounds!  I'm sure the BDS will hep pack a few more pounds on!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Rockpig on October 27, 2009, 09:30:52 PM

That's correct, at 6'3" tall I'm a whopping 177 pounds!  I'm sure the BDS will hep pack a few more pounds on!

I'm 6'3 as well but I havent been in the 177 range since high school 25 yrs ago
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

I'm 6'-1" but haven't seen 177 since 6th grade  (except seeing it go past when I step on the scale) = I started High School at 245!  The football coaches noticed me right away!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"