• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New Smoker does nothing!

Started by Rockpig, October 26, 2009, 11:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: KyNola on October 26, 2009, 06:16:56 PM
RP,
In my humble opinion you have your choices reversed.  Pulled pork is a lot easier and much more forgiving than ribs.  Either way, can't wait to see how your first run comes out.  Let us know if we can help.

KyNola

I would agree with Ky, pulled pork is a lot easier and more forgiving than ribs. Just takes a little longer but sure is worth the wait!
HawkeyeSmokes

FLBentRider

Quote from: HawkeyeSmokes on October 26, 2009, 06:24:31 PM
Quote from: KyNola on October 26, 2009, 06:16:56 PM
RP,
In my humble opinion you have your choices reversed.  Pulled pork is a lot easier and much more forgiving than ribs.  Either way, can't wait to see how your first run comes out.  Let us know if we can help.

KyNola

I would agree with Ky, pulled pork is a lot easier and more forgiving than ribs. Just takes a little longer but sure is worth the wait!

Agreed. The butts have it hands down. Pork butt is the most forgiving thing you can put in your bradley.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Hopefull Romantic

Congrats RP on your Bradley and problems resolved.

Good luck with whatever you decide to smoke first. Just dont forget to post pictures.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

OU812

Glad to here you got your Bradley up and running.

The boys at Bradley are the best.

Keep us posted on your progress.

ArnieM

Glad you got the problem resolved RP.  I have a minor problem with my OBS.  I spoke with Brian yesterday and parts are on the way.  Yep, really good service.

I'd go with the butt first to, if you're really into pork.  I think my maiden voyage was with split chicken breasts.  I figured they were pretty cheap, wouldn't take that long (used apple) and if I screwed 'em up I'd just chuck 'em.  But, they came out good.

Good luck and happy smoking.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.