Firefox hit by multiple drive-by download flaws

Started by Oldman, October 28, 2009, 11:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

QuoteMozilla's flagship Firefox browser is vulnerable to at least 11 "critical" vulnerabilities that expose users to drive-by download attacks that require no user interaction beyond normal browsing. by Ryan Naraine
I knew it was only a matter of time.

Full Story

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

squirtthecat

Olds, they have been patched today with version 3.5.4.  I'm downloading it now.

justpete

ArnieM

I can't use 3.5.x.  There are a couple of sites I use where the pages aren't rendered properly and are effectively useless.  I was using 3.0.14 and I just updated to 3.0.15.  I believe that update has the security fixes.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: ArnieM on October 28, 2009, 01:27:53 PM
I can't use 3.5.x.  There are a couple of sites I use where the pages aren't rendered properly and are effectively useless.  I was using 3.0.14 and I just updated to 3.0.15.  I believe that update has the security fixes.
I hope so Thats what I just updated too
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hopefull Romantic

Thanks old.

I just have to get it off my chest. I dont know who to trust anymore (this forum not withstanding). There is always a flow somewhere somehow.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

mybad

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on October 28, 2009, 03:08:10 PM
Thanks old.

I just have to get it off my chest. I dont know who to trust anymore (this forum not withstanding). There is always a flow somewhere somehow.

HR
The right move is to never trust any of them. You can not rely on the browser to protect you. FF, IE all have inherent problems. This is why having your Operating system up to date, a "good" up to date anti-virus, a firewall that reports incoming and outgoing traffic, is without a doubt  a must.

Run a couple of spyware detection programs as well. A "layered" approach is what it takes. I reformat my comp at least twice a year, but usually more. Runs like a champ!

Hopefull Romantic

Hey mybad

you know what irritates me the most. It is that those who make the cure also create the disease.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

3rensho

I compiled 3.5.4 from source yesterday.  Yeah, there is no such thing as perfectly safe software with the possible exception of "Hello World"  ;D  Keep everything updated and fingers crossed.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.