Beer can chicken

Started by mgg, March 05, 2005, 04:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSmoker

I usually cook the chicken with 2-3 hrs of smoke and a total of 4 1/2-5 hrs cook time.  250°f cooking temp.  Have fun.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Harpo

mgg
where did you get the wild willy's and what type of sauce are you using. I have a great tomato based sauce and I'm looking for a sweeter sauce now to compliment other types of meat. a brown sugar and ketchup base or something.
Thanks
Harpo

Chez Bubba

mgg referred to S&S, that's shorthand around here for a book called "Smoke & Spice" by Bill & Cheryl Jamison. Regarded by many on the board, myself included, to be the single greatest recipe source available.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

tenacioustommy

Hello to all,

got myself a 5# chicken, a can of beer and had a few questions,

I have rubbed down the little guy with a special rub and wrapped in plastic wrap and into the fridge overnight

what type of wood would be good for this guy, I would like to try cherry or apple but any suggestions would help

what temp on the Bradley should I set it at and about how long of a smoke and total cooking time approx, do have a digital temp probe

do I do the FTC thing on him?

thank you for your help in advance

Tom

BigSmoker

Tom,
Either wood will work fine.  The cherry will give it a very dark skin.  Cook times for me are usually around 5 hrs total @ 250f.  I usually do 3 hrs of smoke.  Finished temp in the breast should be 160f.  Don't leave the beer full.  Drink about 1/3 of it[:D].

Jeff

Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

tenacioustommy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BigSmoker</i>
<br />Tom,
Either wood will work fine.  The cherry will give it a very dark skin.  Cook times for me are usually around 5 hrs total @ 250f.  I usually do 3 hrs of smoke.  Finished temp in the breast should be 160f.  Don't leave the beer full.  Drink about 1/3 of it[:D].

Jeff

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Jeff,
thank you for the info, will try this smoker thing tomorrow
Tom