Add smoke flavour to raw sausage

Started by Smoke Eater, November 01, 2009, 11:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoke Eater

I'm new to this site but I like what I see!
For now I just want to add flavour to a small ring of deer sausage.  How long and how many pucks should I use?  If I wanted to fully cook it how long does that usually take.
Just got my Bradley smoker, had to return the first one as the oven wouldn't work, just the smoke generator.  Used to smoke with a homemade one, but this looks way better.

Quarlow

Hello smokeeater and welcome to the forum. You are going to love this place. Oh these are way better than a homemade one. That is what I have used all my life. But the smoke flavour from the Bradley is way nicer. As for your other questions, well someone will be along soon to answer them. Good luck and good smoking.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Smoke Eater!

You did not say whether you used any cure, so I would hot smoke it @ 225F until an IT of at least 152.

As far as smoke goes, a couple of hours (6 pucks) is probably good for a start.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Hopefull Romantic

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

After you use that bradley for a while you will want to change your name to smoke maker as the bradley is a nice way to control the amount of smoke you want.

Welcome to the forum.

Tenpoint5

Not knowing what or if you have any cure in the Bambi Snausage I would tend to follow what FLB has told you. 2 hours of smoke at 225* until 152. Then a quick bath in ice water to stop the cooking unless you plan on eating right away as it comes out of the smoker.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smoke Eater

Thanks for all the welcomes and the info!

OU812

Welcome to the fun of smoking.

What has already been stated should work, just remember to keep your vent open at least half way. You want the smoke to pass through the smoker and take the moisture with it.

Good luck and keep us posted on the results

oakville smoker

Welcome to the world of smoking.  this thing and place are addictive.  I bought mine in July and thought it would be tasty to smoke some ribs.  Well that turned into chicken and steak and brisket and pastrami and now bacon.  Now I want to start making sausage.  The list goes on.  I am sure there are worse things you can do with your time.
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?