Ok, who ever it was that came up with this ....

Started by outdoorsfellar, November 05, 2009, 12:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoorsfellar

..... This wonderful idea for ABT's .... THANK YOU !  Lol, I've been wanting to try these, & the thought drove me out of my treestand & into the grocery this morning. Yes, there's been quite a few topics on this, but who can resist ?? My wife had some filling for cabbage rolls from the other night still in the fridge & what better use for that ! I smoked these for an 1hr & 40 min. I didn't really know if I'd like 'em or not, so these are all I bought. I won't make mistake again ! I had boiled them in water 1st & there's no zing at all ... perhaps a mild batch just the same, so, maybe I won't next time. We're going to an outdoor cookout this coming weekend & then boating for the last hurrah for the season, so another BIG batch of these will be just the ticket !  I combined the meat ( sausage / beef & rice) with the cream cheese & cheddar prior to filling the peppers, so I had no runny mess once inside the OBS.  What a treat !

Oops, one became MIA while in the OBS  ....

justpete

Just got in from hunting myself. I wish I had some ABT's to look forward to.

Enjoy.

ronbeaux

I knew a guy that used Serrano instead of jalapenos, didn't know any better, I think he is still feeling the 'zing.'
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Fuzzybear

that smoker is way to clean!  dirty that thing up! ;D

classicrockgriller

fella, they are the bombs. great snack

I also blanch my jala's also.
Bring water to boil, drop in jala's, when water comes back to boil for 2 minutes, take off and cool down with cold water to stop cooking process.

Try them things with boudin and cheddar cheese.

pensrock

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

JGW

I love ABT's.  I bet they rock with serrano's too (I prefer serranos for salsa).

Next step....Habeneros   ;D

ArnieM

I think there are two required ingredients - peppers and bacon!  Other than that, stuff with whatever you like.

I did a few habeneros with my last batch of J's.  My daughter's boyfriend was over and I offered up the J's and H's as an appetizer.  Now, he's half Italian and half Puerto Rican but isn't 'hot' on hot food.  He said "I want one of those cute little ones."  I said "Maybe you should start with one of the larger green ones."  Nope.  Poor guy.

I've gotten a bunch of J's at the store and some are considerably hotter than others. 

Now that I've gotten into this thread, it's ABTs this weekend!  I love those things.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

bigredchef

couldn't agree more. A perfect weekend for some peppery porky deliciousness!  ;D

Hopefull Romantic

The last time I made ABTs they were gone before the first glass of wine was finished. They are great
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Roadking

I love them things. After having them at The Nepas Smokeout, thats all I make. There s-o-o-o-o-o-o-o   g--o-o-d ! ! ! !

JGW

ABT's may be the perfect food.

You got the pepper group, the meat group, the smoke group, the cheese group and usually accompany with the beer group.  Yep, all 5 parts of the pyramid seem to be there. ;D :D ;)