Fridge Smoker

Started by classicrockgriller, October 08, 2009, 07:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

I had to get a new heating element for our dryer and while there just ask the man if he had a steel inside frige.
He did, and as he was moving to a new location he told me I could have it.
I know nothing about the conversion of it and probably only want to mess with it if I can work in my BPS on a temp basis.
Does this sound feasiable. (Alton Brown says never own anything unless it can perform two jobs)

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 08, 2009, 07:43:13 AM
I had to get a new heating element for our dryer and while there just ask the man if he had a steel inside frige.
He did, and as he was moving to a new location he told me I could have it.
I know nothing about the conversion of it and probably only want to mess with it if I can work in my BPS on a temp basis.
Does this sound feasiable. (Alton Brown says never own anything unless it can perform two jobs)

Yes you can adapt your smoke generator into the fridge with the conversion parts. Contact Y&P or Tim.

nepas

classicrockgriller

You think it can be adapted and removed so I can still use it in my "8" rack BPS unit? Thanks

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 08, 2009, 10:27:45 AM
You think it can be adapted and removed so I can still use it in my "8" rack BPS unit? Thanks

Yes it can be. Its just a plate with the brass tabs, an adjuster for the cover that covers the wood so nothing drips on it. When done take off and put back on BS.

nepas

classicrockgriller