New to Forums from So Cal

Started by Mystic Smoke, November 02, 2009, 06:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic Smoke

I've been lurking around the forums for about 2 months now. Bought my Bradley ~ 1-2 months ago when Amazon was selling the original Bradley for $288 delivered. I love the convenience. I've tried pork shoulder, pork ribs and chicken so far. I've been fairly happy with all. My next 1st projects will be hot smoked salmon, then my favorite of all...bacon.

I will be researching the bacon recipes and the "crack" that has developed just under the sliding temperature control on the box. This appears to be mainly cosmetic, as the temp slide is still working well. Its just puzzling as to how this occured?!

I look forward to this forum, as this is always the 1st forum I go to look for recipes, ideas, etc...since it is first and formost dedicated to the Bradley Smoker.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Mystic

Welcome to the forum

Give the office a call and they can send you out a new face plate to replace the cracke done

Brian

JoeHifi

Mystic Smoke,

Welcome to the forum.

Joe

HawkeyeSmokes

Welcome to the forum Mystic. Check out the recipe site. http://www.susanminor.org/forums/

And here's a link to that cracked faceplate. http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=769&postcount=12
HawkeyeSmokes

La Quinta

Hey Mystic...Welcome...where ya from out here...

muzzletim

Hi Mystic, join in the fun, good bunch of people here!

Tim
Tim

classicrockgriller

Welcome to the forum, and as you can see Bradley is A#1 and so is this forum. Not very many places you can go and whisper you have a problem and have the main man step up and tell you, it will be fix. Great smoker, Great forum. Glad to have you here with us. Got any questions, just ask. Smoke on.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Mystic Smoke!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Welcome to the fun of smoking, be warned this type of smoking is addictive.  :D

ArnieM

Welcome to the forum and the fun Mystic.  I got my OBS about the same time as you, also from Amazon.  And, yep, cracked faceplate.  I spoke to Brian at Bradley on Monday of last week and got the new faceplate on Thursday.  They'll take care of you.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

dbondy

Welcome to the forum Mystic. :)

Hopefull Romantic

Welcome to the forum Mystic and I second what CRG said regarding Bradley and Brian. Not only you will get great help here, but Bradley's service is also second to none.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Caribou

Hi Mystic,
Welcome to the forum!
I'm originally from SoCal, too.
3rd generation OC but I ended up in Idaho some how  :D
Carolyn

Quarlow

Welcome to the forum Mystic. There's nothing mystical about this place, just good people with great ideas and advice. Was that corny.........that was corny. Oh well another graduate of the "Cornball College".
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

squirtthecat

Welcome Mystic!

Carolyn, my brother went the opposite direction...  Illinois farm boy to OC resident.