Hello from Indiana

Started by rdav01, November 05, 2009, 09:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdav01

Hello all I'm new here just bought a 6 rack digital it arrives Monday and cant wait!!!!! ;D

Rick-Fort Wayne, IN

Quarlow

Hey rdav01 welcome to the forum You are going to love this place. If you have any questions just ask. Cause we have all been there and if we haven't done it ourselves someone else has. This forum is free but you can pay us with pics, they are good here anytime. The number one rule with the "Bradley" is to never close your vent when you are smoking. Keep it 1/2 open most of the time and for chicken keep it wide open. If you shut it, you will cause the smoke to back up threw the smoke generator and gum it right up, Plus you will get smokey condensation running down all over including on the heating element.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

rdav01

Quote from: Quarlow on November 05, 2009, 09:28:47 PM
Hey rdav01 welcome to the forum You are going to love this place. If you have any questions just ask. Cause we have all been there and if we haven't done it ourselves someone else has. This forum is free but you can pay us with pics, they are good here anytime. The number one rule with the "Bradley" is to never close your vent when you are smoking. Keep it 1/2 open most of the time and for chicken keep it wide open. If you shut it, you will cause the smoke to back up threw the smoke generator and gum it right up, Plus you will get smokey condensation running down all over including on the heating element.

Thank you for the tip and will upload pics as i go....My wife is from Bosnia and we have some sujuk sausage we def want to smoke along with many others

classicrockgriller

Welcome to the forum rdav. This is a great place to hang out and to learn, and ask questions. A new 6rk! You are gonna love that thing, lotsa room.
You can download a manual off the Bradley Home page to help get a jump start from when your smoker arrives or visit the recipe site to help set up that first smoke. Or just start a post on what you think you want to smoke and you will get all the help you want and probably more. And like Q said, we love pics.

Try this link to get your pictures going.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=768&postcount=11

FAQ site

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=481

recipe site

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: rdav01 on November 05, 2009, 09:35:01 PM

My wife is from Bosnia and we have some sujuk sausage we def want to smoke along with many others

Hi there Rdav01 and welcome to our addiction you are gonna love it here, the best people with the best advice.

I lived for about 5 years in Indiana; Indianapolis, W. Lafayette and Vincence. Great memories. I have already done sujuk sausage as we have it in Jordan and it turned out great. Good luck

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum rdav01!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

JoeHifi

dbondy

Welcome to the forum rdav01  :D

KyNola

Welcome Rick.  Good to have you with us.

KyNola

Caribou

Welcome to the forum Rick!
You came to the right place to get the most out of your new smoker  :)
Carolyn

muzzletim

Thanks for joing a great forum where everyone learns from each other!
Tim

OU812

Welcome to the fun of smoking, be warned this type of smoking is very addictive

Along with keeping the vent at least half way open you dont need to smoke the whole time the product is in the smoker. It only takes between 2 to 4 hr smoke then the rest of the time in there is just cooking with no smoke.

Your going to love your Bradley, I have the DBS also.