• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Now My OBS is REALLY Cracking Up!

Started by ArnieM, November 03, 2009, 10:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

OK, I replaced the faceplate.  I finally figured out the power light pushes out from the inside.  My dumb.  I also took Brian's advice and drilled out the faceplate mounting holes a bit.  5/32 on top, 7/32 on the bottom.  Finally, put the screws in snug and then back off about 1/4 turn.  Hopefully, this will allow some movement between the plastic and metal during expansion and contraction.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Caneyscud

Quote from: ArnieM on November 03, 2009, 10:33:18 PM
Have to spice up the soup?  I saw the Cilantro bouillon cubes mentioned in a recipe a while back.  My daughter frequents a Spanish/Latino store and she got these for me.  They're really pretty good - just don't add salt!

Like those - also have used onion cubes and country ham cubes. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

ArnieM

Hi Caney.  We made some Greek style lentil soup the other night - can't smoke everything.  Basically lentils, onion, garlic and tomato.  I added a couple of the Cilantro cubes.  It was very nice with a hint of Cilantro.  And, didn't have to add salt!  :D
-- Arnie

Quarlow

those cubes look pretty cool, but I have never seen those up here.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

Quote from: Quarlow on November 04, 2009, 07:25:20 PM
those cubes look pretty cool, but I have never seen those up here.

I couldn't find them in any of our 'mainstream' grocery stores here.  You get the idea when the labeling comes in Spanish first, English second. 
-- Arnie

classicrockgriller

Quote from: ArnieM on November 04, 2009, 09:35:54 AM
OK, I replaced the faceplate.  I finally figured out the power light pushes out from the inside.  My dumb.  I also took Brian's advice and drilled out the faceplate mounting holes a bit.  5/32 on top, 7/32 on the bottom.  Finally, put the screws in snug and then back off about 1/4 turn.  Hopefully, this will allow some movement between the plastic and metal during expansion and contraction.

Just a thought, what about a plastic (not hard) washer. I have seen them and probaly got some. They are almost see thru (that's clear for the one's that don't speak Texan) and kinda rubbery.