First Cheese Run

Started by psuman316, December 08, 2009, 04:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psuman316

Well decided to try some cheese since the weather is has been cold.  Decided on doing 5 lbs. each of Muenster, Pepperoni, Horseradish, Hot Pepper, and Cheddar for a total of 25 lbs.  Placed in the smoker and smoked for 4 hours using a mixture of Pecan and Hickory.  Pulled out wrapped it and now the waiting game begins here's a picture of them all wrapped up

Quarlow

Hey looks like you got some good colour on those. Nice job psuman
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

That is a hunk of cheese. WOW! I did a bunch Nov 4 and still have not tasted it. Wifie keeps asking and I just tell her not yet .

ArnieM

Nice looking batch of cheese there psuman316.  Same here on the weather - probably daytime highs in the 30's.  Time to smoke some more up for Christmas treats.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

dbondy

Awsome load of cheese psuman316, the waiting game is the hardest part. Can,t wait to dig into mine. :D

NePaSmoKer

Nice cheese smoke. I gotta agree with db. the wait will get to ya  ;D

nepas

watchdog56

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 08, 2009, 04:38:19 PM
That is a hunk of cheese. WOW! I did a bunch Nov 4 and still have not tasted it. Wifie keeps asking and I just tell her not yet .

CRG- I have done cheese twice now and vacuum sealed for 2 weeks each time and they came out great so I think you are safe to try it.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: watchdog56 on December 08, 2009, 07:26:10 PM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 08, 2009, 04:38:19 PM

CRG- I have done cheese twice now and vacuum sealed for 2 weeks each time and they came out great so I think you are safe to try it.

Shhhh, trying to wait till she goes out of town!