Sugar coated walnuts.

Started by Slamdunk, December 08, 2009, 10:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slamdunk

I must admit that I feel guilty putting up a non-smoked recipe on this site, but if you want, adapt to smoking, but really you don't need to. Besides, this is quicker!!

Slamdunk's soon to be World Famous  Sugar coated Walnuts

This recipe, which I have copied for some website, can be adjusted to the quantities you desire, however I tell ya, what-ever quantity you make won't last long!!!

2 cups of Walnuts.
1 cup of brown sugar – I used  Demerara – heavy on the molasses which gives a different sugary taste!!
1 tablespoon Cinnamon powder
½ cup warm water

Start by preheating oven to 300 degrees.

While the oven is heating up, grab a frying pan and  put in the sugar, cinnamon and warm water.(Warm water will help to dissolve the sugar/spices into a nice liquid.) Stir ingredients up and then add walnuts.

Turn heat on to medium high.
Continuously stir/mix up the walnuts and spices until the water has just about evaporated -  5- 10 minutes.
While the evaporation/reduction process is going on, grab some cookie sheet pan(s) -(one pan will be enough for two cups of walnuts)- and line with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with PAM or something similar so the nuts won't stick to the foil.

After the water/spice mix has just about evaporated, (don't leave too much liquid as that will cause a hassle later on ) take the nuts and spread them onto the cookie sheet(s) and put them into the preheated oven for 15 minutes.

Take them out after 15 minutes and spread/stir the nuts around. Take regular table salt and sprinkle some on – not too much, just about as much as you'd put on any other meal you prepare. Put them back in the 300 degree oven for another 15 minutes.

Take them out and spread the nuts around.

Let them sit until cool.

You won't believe the difference in taste when you let them cool off and dry up!! 

Enjoy with a cold beverage or two!!

Quarlow

Don't feel bad man, this is for anything you want to put here.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

That really sound good and delicious!

Oh yeah! I just 'SOLD" this recipe to food network as CRG's World Famous Sugar Coated Walnuts. ;D

looks great and looks adaptable for the Bradley.

rdevous

....and to make Hot Nuts....add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the frying pan.

Ray.....nuts...hot nuts...get them from the peanut man...nuts...hot nuts...

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

seemore

Slamdunk, these sound great!   And we just happen to have some demarara sugar on hand........... 
Add this to the must do list.
seemore

sodak

...or more precisely, the must do tonight list.

CK

Made a couple of batches on the weekend with almonds......wow they were good, didn't last long.
First batch lasted about 20 min, had to make a second batch..that lasted about the same.

So easy to make.

Thanks for the recipe.