Ain't your Momma's meatloaf from S&S

Started by SmokinMoe, March 06, 2005, 04:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IKnowWood

icerat, as Moe said.  All in the smoker.  Add smoke for how long you want and leave it there to cook.  I smoked it for 3 hours with Pecan and just left it to 160 internal.  I also mopped it in a Beer Mop from the S&S recipe, every 30 min after taking it out of the pan.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Habanero Smoker

When I do smoked meat loaf I don't use a pan. I found a recipe for a no pan meat loaf. I either hand mold it, or line a loaf pan with plastic wrap, place the meatloaf in the pan to mold it and then invert the pan over a small cookie sheet. The loaf should easily come out. Remove the plastic wrap and then put it in the smoker.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

icerat4

Sorry guys i got to excited.And my mind start wandering .this will be my next project. thanks for the info.Next time ill pay more attention to the details.[:)]

manxman

The closest most people come to Meatloaf on this side of the pond is buying one of has CD's![}:)]

One or two ok'ish ones to be found in the shops but generally pretty insipid. However, as we speak I have a meatloaf based on the S+S recipe a smokin' and a cookin' in my BS.

It sounded SOOO good...... better not be disappointed now!![}:)]

Manxman.
Manxman

jaeger

Sounds good manxman!
Let us know how it turns out!!![:p]

<font size="2"><b>Doug</b></font id="size2">

manxman

Sure will jaeger, just hit 140F internal, little way to go yet![:p]

Manxman.
Manxman

IKnowWood

You will be enjoying some real good eats.  I am looking forward to lunch tomrrow with a meatloaf sandwich.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

MWS

Hmmm. I have some ground moose meat in the freezer. I wonder how that would work as a meatloaf. Anyone use moose meat?

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

manxman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Let us know how it turns out!!!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Turned out VERY well, another dish thoroughly recommended.[:p] Didn't get finished until about midnight but couldn't resist trying it before bed.

The only changes I made was doubling the quantities of the old Lea and Perrins (Worcestershire) and tabasco sauce  and I didn't saute the bits that S+S suggest be sauted either.

Turned out lovely and moist and tangy.

Now the only decision to be made is what to accompany it with? [}:)]

Manxman.
Manxman

iceman

I've done the moose meat before but you need to add some ground back fat with it or it turns out way to dry. Another trick is to grind up a bunch of bacon and mix it with the moose meat. It really adds a nice flavor to it. This also makes a heck of a burger.[:p]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mws</i>
<br />Hmmm. I have some ground moose meat in the freezer. I wonder how that would work as a meatloaf. Anyone use moose meat?

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

MWS

Iceman, thanks for the tips.....I haven't used ground moose meat before. My Bro'n law from Alberta gave it to me back in November and I thought I'd like to try it in something smoked.

-John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

manxman

Anyone ever used lamb in meatloaf, I have had a request to try and do one? Any advice/recipes appreciated.[:)]

Manxman.
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by manxman</i>
<br />Anyone ever used lamb in meatloaf, I have had a request to try and do one? Any advice/recipes appreciated.[:)]

Manxman.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I have added lamb (instead of veal) to meatloaf along with beef and pork. It came out alright, but nothing spectacular.

Here is a site a found sometime ago with many recipes for meatloaf.
http://www.recipegoldmine.com/meatloaf/meatloaf.html
If you ever get the time check out the rest of this site.

Here is a recipe for Lamb meatloaf.
http://www.recipegoldmine.com/meatloaf/meatloaf41.html

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SmokinMoe

All of this meatloaf talk has convinced me to pull out the Bradley, dust him off and give him a good smoke!! LOL
I am making meatloaf this afternoon.
Can't wait to taste it.  I have been on a 24 hr. fast and will wrap it tonight with the meatloaf.  Can't wait.
"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"

manxman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Here is a recipe for Lamb meatloaf.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks Habs, will give it a whirl.[:)]

Manxman.
Manxman