Carolina Treet-loaf

Started by squirtthecat, November 16, 2009, 05:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Ok, so it was 45 degrees last night, raining sideways, and my car broke down in the dead center of my driveway...   I was in no mood for any major projects for dinner.

Meatloaf it is.

Ground turkey, sliced mushrooms, roasted red pepper, worcestershire, italian bread crumbs, couple glugs of olive oil, handful of spices..

Dang, no eggs in the house.  I need a binder.  And this mix is kinda dry...

Break out the Treet!   So I finished off the bottom of the last big plastic bottle I had.

(painted some on for good measure)

45 minutes later...   

It was really good!   I should have made a double batch.

Tenpoint5

It seems as though you was smart enough to bake that, and not put MOMMA's good white bakeware in the smoker.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 16, 2009, 07:42:23 AM
It seems as though you was smart enough to bake that, and not put MOMMA's good white bakeware in the smoker.

:D

ArnieM

Looks good squirt.  Good idea to use the Treet.  Maybe you should publish the recipe at susanminor.

Hope you soaked the pan overnight.  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

squirtthecat

Thanks Arnie.  It is a real good recipe I got out of a magazine..  Very light. (at least for meatloaf)

Too bad ground turkey can be so darn expensive.  Maybe I need to buy a grinder.  Hmm...

Actually, that gunk came right off..   

Carolina Treet is a basting sauce, a marinade, a binder, and a built-in degreaser!

squirtthecat

PS.  Has anyone tried mounting the Bradley smoke generator in the trunk of a '98 Sebring?

I think I could fix quite a few racks in it if I cut the back seats out...  It's pretty well insulated..

Heck, I could take the front seats as well, and mount a Traeger fire box on the POJ!

FLBentRider

Quote from: squirtthecat on November 16, 2009, 10:00:07 AM
Carolina Treet is a basting sauce, a marinade, a binder, and a built-in degreaser!

it slices it dices it makes julienne fries!!!

I don't think that wil work STC, you will need a '96 or earlier...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

Quote from: FLBentRider on November 16, 2009, 10:11:37 AM
Quote from: squirtthecat on November 16, 2009, 10:00:07 AM

it slices it dices it makes julienne fries!!!

Too bad Billy Mays passed...   I wonder if he has a cousin?

Quote from: FLBentRider on November 16, 2009, 10:11:37 AM
I don't think that wil work STC, you will need a '96 or earlier...

Dang.  I guess I'll have to pony up for a new starter, then. (after I pay the tow truck driver)