CT Chops

Started by ArnieM, November 16, 2009, 05:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

From the pork loin that keeps on giving ...

"You can't smoke everything."  I'm sure I'll catch some flak on that one  :D

Took a couple of the chops out of the freezer to defrost yesterday.  They'll be going on the grill.

Coated them with Carolina Treet.  Used the 'needler' to tenderize and drive in some of the goodness.  Two passes each side at 90 degrees. 

Into a bag with more CT to marinate for about 1:30 in the fridge.

Put 'em on the grill.  Had leftover garlic mashed from yesterday.  Cooked some fresh asparagus and made a little gravy.

Total hands-on prep time, about 5 minutes.  Total cook time for everything, about 8 minutes.  They were GOOD!  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

squirtthecat

Beautiful!

Where did you find the 1/2 gal CT jugs??

ArnieM

Thanks squirt.  Yeah, the chops were good.

I got it here: http://www.carolinatreet.com/sauces.asp?page=2

-- Arnie

squirtthecat

Quote from: ArnieM on November 16, 2009, 05:50:51 PM
Thanks squirt.  Yeah, the chops were good.

I'm really liking this stuff..   I've smeared it all over various smoked thingies, and the meatloaf last night.

All good.

Quote from: ArnieM on November 16, 2009, 05:50:51 PM
I got it here: http://www.carolinatreet.com/sauces.asp?page=2

Dang, I can get a gallon of it shipped for $2 (shipping costs) more than the shipping costs on a single glass bottle..   SCORE!

KevinG

Those look a heck of a lot more appetizing than what we had at deer camp. My friend brought some and sprinkled with some salt & pepper. We stuck em on some portable throw away grill thingy. Edible, but not good.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

Squirt - Glad I could help ya out.  I see many meatloaves in your future.  As far as grinding the turkey goes, you could even start with a hand grinder.  Then choose your mix of white to dark meat or all one or the other.  They often have whole turkey breast on sale around here for 0.99.  A lot of good white meat there.  What's left goes into the stock pot.

Kevin - I've certainly done S&P and they're good.  But marinate up some chops in CT and you can forget the grill - do 'em on a hot rock!  :D 
-- Arnie

classicrockgriller

I feel so sad for my grill since I have bought my Bradley,Traeger,BE. I can't hardly stand to look at it when I walk by it.
I know it hates me,I feel these stare darts when I am doing something that doesn't include it. I need to crank her up and
make her happy.

squirtthecat

Quote from: ArnieM on November 16, 2009, 10:14:04 PM
Squirt - Glad I could help ya out.  I see many meatloaves in your future.  As far as grinding the turkey goes, you could even start with a hand grinder.  Then choose your mix of white to dark meat or all one or the other.  They often have whole turkey breast on sale around here for 0.99.  A lot of good white meat there.  What's left goes into the stock pot.

Thanks Arnie.  We see the same (.99/lb).  I think I paid $3.40 for that 20 oz package of ground.

How do you like that Jaccard?  Easy to clean?

NePaSmoKer

Nice chops there Arnie.

I like my Jaccard too.

nepas

Hopefull Romantic

Great looking chops Arnie.

I got to have one of them Jaccards

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

ArnieM

Quote from: squirtthecat on November 17, 2009, 04:34:10 AM

Thanks Arnie.  We see the same (.99/lb).  I think I paid $3.40 for that 20 oz package of ground.

How do you like that Jaccard?  Easy to clean?

I just put it into the dishwasher.
-- Arnie

Hopefull Romantic

All Jaccard owbers out there.

Should I go with the 45 blades jaccard or less.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

ArnieM

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on November 17, 2009, 08:41:48 AM

HR

I think mine is "the original" or close to it.  It's a 48 blade.  I wouldn't bother with the smaller ones.

Here's a link for a description. http://www.amazon.com/Jaccard-Supertendermatic-Tenderizer-Knife-Stainless/dp/B001347JK6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1258483544&sr=8-1
-- Arnie

squirtthecat

Quote from: ArnieM on November 17, 2009, 10:48:15 AM
Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on November 17, 2009, 08:41:48 AM

HR

I think mine is "the original" or close to it.  It's a 48 blade.  I wouldn't bother with the smaller ones.

Here's a link for a description. http://www.amazon.com/Jaccard-Supertendermatic-Tenderizer-Knife-Stainless/dp/B001347JK6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1258483544&sr=8-1

That's a good price. I saw one in our restaurant supply store the other day for the full 40 clams.

ArnieM

Somehow I thing "Supertendermatic" is a name only a marketing person could come up with  ;)
-- Arnie