xmas appitizers

Started by pensrock, December 24, 2009, 07:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

Have an assortment of goodies in right now for a xmas party this afternoon.
Would have been more but ran out of bacon.
Top rack is itialian sausage bites wrapped with bacon.
Middle rack is moinkballs.
Bottom rack is ABT's, three ways.
All will be coated with melted pepper jelly when done.
Going to get 1hr-40min of hickory at a temp of 230 F. Will probably be in for a total of 2-1/2 hrs.

Tenpoint5

Sounds good Pens. I could use some appetizers for breakfast this morning.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pensrock

Sorry I did not get any pics showing the finished product. I was in a hurry and ran out the door with them.
They were a real hit, a couple people thought the ABT's were hot, but kept eating them anyway.  ;D
The moinkballs and wrapped sausage bites were fantastic with the hot pepper jelly glaze, I even put the glaze over the ABT's. YUM
We also had elk chili, very good, I need this recipe!
Elk backstrap sliced thin and cooked with onions and peppers. Great steak sandwiches.
Venison sausages.
Smoked cheeses.  :)
Chips and others snacks.
Beer and homemade strawberry wine.
The only bad thing was, I had to leave early to go the pharmacy to pick up some insulin, I know I do not have enough to last till Sat.

Tenpoint5

Pick up the meds and go back!! From the sounds of that food spread I know I would
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

squirtthecat

Dang, Pens...

Can you rent a pump for the weekend???   :D

pensrock

Believe me I had my share while I was there.  ;D

Squirt, I cannot get a pump, our insurance will not cover the cost. Our insurance $ucks! Matter of fact I had to quit using the pens for injections because of the cost, now I have to use syringes.  >:(

squirtthecat

Dang, that sucks.

I know all too well what that stuff costs...    Diabetic pets aren't covered (of course) at all.  Had to get Squirt on Walgreen's "prescription savings plan" to save a few bucks here and there.