Tortilla pizzas on the Grill

Started by seemore, November 21, 2009, 07:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

Some camping friends of ours introduced us to these pizzas over the past summer.
We made some today.
We started by brushing olive oil on one side of the tortillas:

We grilled the oiled sides of the tortillas until they were browned.  We then brought them in and oiled the other side of the tortillas, and built our pizzas on the side that was already grilled:

Once the cheese melted, we brought them in and enjoyed:

We had sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, and mozzarella cheese.  We did make one pizza with alfredo sauce, chicken (the leftover rotisserie chicken from earlier in the week), blue cheese and Tabasco sauce.

Tenpoint5

Thanks a LOT!!! My phone didn't ring with any invites for dinner.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Me wants one of them pizzas. Plz send ASAP!

That looks great and looks like a lot of fun for everyone to have what they want on their pizzas.
Make them make their own.

Thanks for a kewl idea.

KevinG

Do those tortillas hold the pizza up, or is it flimsy?
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

seemore

Believe it or not, Kevin, but they do hold up.
The trick is to brush some olive oil on the one side of the tortilla and grill it, then bring it back in.
On the side that has not been grilled yet, brush some olive oil on.  Turn it over and build your pizza on the already-grilled side.
Put the pizzas back on the grill for the cheese to melt and the bottoms of the tortillas to brown.
Once browned, the tortillas are more like a thin pizza crust - almost like a cracker.
CRG, our friends who introduced this to us told us that when their kids and grandkids visit, they make these pizzas.  Everyone makes their own pizzas, and has a lot of fun doing it.
10.5, all you had to do was come on down and join us.  You, Vickie and the kids are always welcome!

classicrockgriller

thanks for the post and pics, have added it to my list for xmas holidays.