Bologna

Started by gotbbq, March 12, 2005, 12:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotbbq

Hey Smokers,

I just finished smoking a couple of 8 inch pieces of bologna.  I'm not a big bologna fan in gerneral, but ater 2 hrs of smoke and 200 degrees, this simple so-so meat product was truly outstanding.  Give it a try.  We served it at a party, with fancy tooth picks and all, it was excellent, now about the company . . . [^][^][^]  Anyone ever do bologna? (not homemade).

gotbbq

owrstrich

there is a place at 2515 dr martin luther king jr in indianapolis... it a little hickory smoke shack that has been in the hood for years... where most folks dare to venture...

it is the very best bbq in indy... mostly known for ribs... but they have giant hot links and bologna...

i used to go there often and always got the ribs... then on day i changed it up and got a link and bologna... they were outstanding...

after that all i would get was the bbq bologna... hickory smoked with a side of the mild sauce... very tasty stuff...

one day i went to the store and got a big chunk of bologna from the deli and tried to smoke it in the bs but couldnt get the results that bbq heaven serves up... i did get a tiny smoke ring but the flavour and consistancy was not there...

so if anyone gotts the deal... im listening...

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...