Sick Car Syndrome

Started by Oldman, November 19, 2009, 02:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

We have an employee who we all really like...However, his car suffers from "Sick Car Syndrome." Below is an actual letter that addresses this issue.

Re: Letter Of Warning: XXXXX V. XXXXXX
11-20-2009
Greetings XXXXX,

First allow me to say that on a personal level we all really like you.  However, your car seems to continue to have the "day after payday sick syndrome."

You were once terminated due to this car syndrome.  We allowed you to return to employment with MCCM after assurances from you that this problem was a thing of the past.  I personally spoke with you concerning this matter on the phone. I believe I was quite clear in the direction MCCM would be forced to take if this "sick after payday car syndrome" continued.

Since your return to employment with MCCM your car has not worked twice the day after payday.  I know you are aware that our work is production work. We do the work, we get paid. We don't do the work and another company will have the contract.

Normally at this point I would terminate an employee. However, I personally like you so instead of terminating you I'm giving you this letter of warning. You will need to sign this letter and it will go into your employee file. You will be in receipt of a copy of this letter.

XXXXXX, this is our last dance. I suggest you speak to your car about not getting sick on Tuesdays (payday) but  when it does it best be on Saturdays.

Sincerely,

Raye Minor V.P. – FSO

________________________________________   _________________________   
XXXXX. X XXXXX                                              Date

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Quarlow

You are being more than fair. I was just laid off with no warning or notice. It was not because of anything I did, it was simple economics. Another one of their plants was producing the same albeit lesser quality product cheaper than we could because of the equipment they provided us with and because it was from a small coastal town that is dependant on the plant they cut back us and myself and another guy are gone. But when you give a good guy the chances you have,then you have at least given him the choice to keep his job or to seek other employment. I know this type and he will drop the ball again, but you will still feel bad when you have to let him go. My foreman was almost sick about having to let me go. There was someone else he would rather have let go because he could count on me to get the job done and not let the equipment fall apart while doing so. But this person was hired before me and so it goes. Oldman don't dispair when the time comes as you must do the best for your customers, the company and all your other employees as what he does effects all around him.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

hal4uk

Did your car break your walking legs?

----
"P*ss on him" --- Judge Roy Bean
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Wildcat

Raye - That is a good letter. Some folks (many good people) simply will not conform to others standards.

Before I retired, it was one of my many jobs to terminate inadequate sailors from the U.S. Navy for the naval base that I was on along with the Air Wing and its five squadrons. On minor infractions we would eventually give written warning with recommended corrective measures that they could persue. When a sailor continued the infractions after being warned we would take the steps to let him/her go. It was rare that I ever felt bad for getting rid of them. When I did feel bad it was for the innocent family members on cases that involved a long term enlistment. Even then I did not feel sorry for the service member. They brought it on theirself and made their own choice, just for the family members. My last case involved a man with 19.5 years of active duty with a wife and 5 children ranging in age between 8 and 17. We terminated him with a General Discharge which is one step lower than an Honorable Discharge. He lost it all.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

BigJohnT

That reminds me of a time when I was about 20 or so and my 65 mustang was having engine trouble and I knew I had to take it apart. I lived about 8 miles from where I worked. I walked to work and back every day for 2 weeks while I took the engine apart out in the parking lot of the apartments I lived in, got it fixed and I was back in the ride again. I didn't think anything of the walk to work... I guess it is a different work ethic now.

You could offer to move his payday to Friday so he and the car can be sick on their day off.

JT

hal4uk

Oldman - y'all might wanna let me answer the phones down there...
"Yeah? Ohhhh, I hate it when that happens.  Well, listen...  don't worry about a thing, I'm going to rework the schedule right now so you'll have plenty of time to work on that car."

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Tenpoint5

Quote from: hal4uk on November 21, 2009, 09:38:43 AM
Oldman - y'all might wanna let me answer the phones down there...
"Yeah? Ohhhh, I hate it when that happens.  Well, listen...  don't worry about a thing, I'm going to rework the schedule right now so you'll have plenty of time to work on that car." But you might not be able to afford the repairs if you know what I mean!!

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

jaredpost

Thats nice of you to put the ball in his court. Hopefully he will shape up and be a good employee for you.

Oldman

QuoteThats nice of you to put the ball in his court. Hopefully he will shape up and be a good employee for you.
For his sake I sure hope so. I have 5 qualified people calling every other day wanting a job.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Quarlow

Perhaps you need to express to him that many people are qualified to do his job making it very hard to be sympathic to his attitude.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.