Economics 101 AKA Obamanomics

Started by Roadking, November 23, 2009, 02:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadking

Economics 101 AKA Obamanomics

After you've read this, tell us what you don't understand about Obamanamics?

Government economics 2009.  Just take a minute and read this thru.

I guarantee you will not only learn something that is truly going on.

But you will enjoy one good Chuckle

It is a slow day in a small Florida town and streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit. A rich tourist drives through town, stops at the motel, and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night.

As soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.

The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.

The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier, .the Farmer's Co-op

The guy at the Farmer's Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit.

The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel owner. The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the rich traveler will not suspect anything.

At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves town.

No one produced anything. No one earned anything. However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with a lot more optimism.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how the United States Government is conducting business today

Oldman

QuoteNo one produced anything. No one earned anything. However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with a lot more optimism.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how the United States Government is conducting business today
I totally disagree with this statement. Take GM for example. Their CEO just stated that within the next 24-30 months the monies load to them will be repaid. They produce a product call a car. Their employees earn a paycheck. If GM stays on track and I believe there will thousands and thousands of families not only this Thanksgiving but for many more Thanksgivings will have something to be really thankful for. All due to a loan from us to them. This means there will be a chicken in all of their pots every Sunday.

In this case I must say that the "cough"  Economics 101 AKA Obamanomics is doing just fine.  If you disagree then just go ask a GM employee what the load has ment to them and their families.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

standles

Oldman:

One question..   IF GM was this efficient and this motivated then why did they need the loan in the first place?

Oldman

Quote from: standles on November 23, 2009, 04:21:32 PM
Oldman:

One question..   IF GM was this efficient and this motivated then why did they need the loan in the first place?
First I don't see where your question is relevent to this topic. The topic is "Economics 101 AKA Obamanomics and not how / why GM needed a loan.  Your question sounds as if it is retorical in nature.  If it is you just wasted it on me.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

hal4uk

Uhhh... where exactly is the ratified amendment that overturns Article 1, Section 8 ?
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Roadking

You just don't get it, too bad. Must be in the printing business.

KyNola

Nope, nope, nope, not getting in this.

Hal, take my sage advice here and go listen to "Floatin' in the swamp" rather than getting in this.

I promise you this will go nowhere other than bad, no matter your beliefs.  There is a reason that the old rule of never discuss politics nor religion with folks you don't know still applies to this day.

KyNola

hal4uk

KyNola, I was just thinking out loud - a bad old habit.
I knew better when I did it.

I sincerely hope I didn't offend anyone.
If I did offend anyone, y'all please accept my apology.

I'm truly sorry.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Oldman

QuoteI was just thinking out loud - a bad old habit.
I knew better when I did it.
Ha! You are not alone in this area. I've stuck my foot in my mouth so deep before more only to find I was coking on my toes!
QuoteI sincerely hope I didn't offend anyone.
If I did offend anyone, y'all please accept my apology
No offence taken here!