Yellow squash and onions

Started by johnintx1, March 12, 2005, 02:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnintx1

I tried smoking these items on the top shelf along with some bratwurst and a few other items below. We did not care at all for the veggies, the meat was good as always.
Is there any special things that you do to make veggies taste good smoked?

Smoke on!!

tsquared

The only vegie I've smoked are onions. I give them a shot of sprayed olive oil and smoke for an hour. I use them for onion soup(see the recipe, this section.)I was just reading S&S today and they were describing smoking peppers for a couple of different recipes. For each one they brushed them with oil first, then smoked for an hour at 200-225. I plan to do some soon as it sounds excellent.
Tom

manxman

I have smoked onions and garlic cloves, brushed both first with olive oil and smoked for around 1 hour onions and 2 hours garlic... both came out well.

Smoked some olives and although I have seen other references to smoked olives they were horrible!!

Manxman.
Manxman

MallardWacker

WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT SMOKE ZUCINNI(sp?).  That is one major YUK.[xx(]

Now I did soak some "in the husk" sweet corn, that was really good....

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

JVR

Wow!  I wish I had read this earlier.  Just hickory smoked zucchini.  I can confirm its terrible.  Now the hickory smoked corn (husks off) were wonderful! [|)]

Phone Guy

How lond did you do the corn?

MallardWacker

To tell you the truth, my yellow squash was not bad.  Man I ALWAYS cram in some onions.  Smoked Onions-How I love thee-let me count the ways.........

Zucinni and Yellow squash:  Olive Oil and Garlic salt>>>on the grill for best results....

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

JVR

Smoked corn for around 2 hours.