Bradley Forum Christmas Gift Exchange "I GOT IT" Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, December 02, 2009, 12:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

OK, I'm convinced, note to self: look for curds.  :)

deb415611

Quote from: pensrock on December 20, 2009, 05:42:45 AM
OK, I'm convinced, note to self: look for curds.  :)

Pennmac in Pittsburgh has mozzarella curd -- you use this to make fresh mozzarella   http://www.pennmac.com/items/3469/

you should go check them out - they have lots of good pizza supplies.   I have ordered from them before.   I would love to shop at the actual store :)

schneep

Pensrock,

PM me your address and I will send you some curds.  :)
Retirement, Everyday's a Holiday, and every night's a Saturday night!!

pensrock

Thanks Deb. I wonder if they are in the Strip District? Thats a big area where you can find just about anything. I'd love to make a trip there sometime.
Schneep, thanks for the offer but you do not need to do that, I'm sure now that I know what to look for I may be able to find them.

dbrown1

Got my gift the other day, still a bit under the weather so let me say thanks secret santa (seriously I dont know who sent this to me) I cant upload pictures because my cord is at work but here is my gift.

some spices for pork- those are awesome
the toast topper- YUM !
a christmas cd - I confess I had no idea who yo yo ma was but its a nice Christmas CD ( thank you)
And to top it off some medicne- WooHoo ! Couldnt have come at a better time.

THANKS AGAIN SECRET SANTA !!

classicrockgriller

db, hate to hear your are still down, but I know your "gift" help lift your spirits.

Hope you get to fellin better soon.

dbrown1

Thanks CRG, yeah its been rough... had my folks do my Christmas shopping for me this year been a tough one but I'm pullin through

pensrock

Got my Christmas gift from my employer today, a lay off slip. Yep a couple days before Christmas and another layoff. I do not expect it to last too long this time, I know we got some work coming in, just do not know if its 3 weeks away or a couple months. I did pick up some pork butts over the weekend, .99/lb. So I'll get a couple of them in the smoker tomorrow for Xmas pulled pork. Then Wed. I'll probably do more cheese/pepperoni and pistachios. Thurs. is my BIL's Xmas party so I'll probably whip up some moinkballs to take with me.

OU812

Thats a nice lookin bunch of cheese you got there g, you goin to smoke any of it?

Sorry to here the news pensrock, thats gotta suck getting a lay off slip this close to Christmas.

Quarlow

Quote from: pensrock on December 21, 2009, 01:55:24 PM
Got my Christmas gift from my employer today, a lay off slip. Yep a couple days before Christmas and another layoff. I do not expect it to last too long this time, I know we got some work coming in, just do not know if its 3 weeks away or a couple months. I did pick up some pork butts over the weekend, .99/lb. So I'll get a couple of them in the smoker tomorrow for Xmas pulled pork. Then Wed. I'll probably do more cheese/pepperoni and pistachios. Thurs. is my BIL's Xmas party so I'll probably whip up some moinkballs to take with me.
Sorry to hear that Pens. I hope it doesn't last as long as mine has. I've been off since mid November and I still have gotten any unemployed benefits yet. I managed to get a weeks work at my old work place but I won't get paid till Dec.29th. So Christmas is a bust. I thought I would get paid on the 23rd but they just had their pay day so I am screwed till the 28th. Hope you get back soon.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

Sorry to hear the news pens.  This seems to be a prime layoff time; get 'em off the books before the end of the calendar year.  Hope you get back soon.

I've been out for a little over 9 months now.  Maybe if I move to India ...
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: dbrown1 on December 21, 2009, 11:41:11 AM
Got my gift the other day, still a bit under the weather so let me say thanks secret santa (seriously I dont know who sent this to me) I cant upload pictures because my cord is at work but here is my gift.

the toast topper- YUM !
a christmas cd - I confess I had no idea who yo yo ma was but its a nice Christmas CD ( thank you)

Dbrown,
I'm not sure if Rdevous wants everyone to know he was your Secret Santa. But If I see Ray Around on the forum I will ask him!!! ;D ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

rdevous

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 21, 2009, 07:08:07 PM
Quote from: dbrown1 on December 21, 2009, 11:41:11 AM

the toast topper- YUM !

Dbrown,
I'm not sure if Rdevous wants everyone to know he was your Secret Santa. But If I see Ray Around on the forum I will ask him!!! ;D ;D

Dave...........Sorry to hear you are still not feeling well yet.  That swine flu is BAD!!!  The Yo Yo Ma CD is good.  Lots of big name artists join him on the album like James Taylor and Chris Botti.  The Cd was just nominated for a Grammy Award.  I believe it's song #6 with the Spanish bagpipes..........is a real toe tapper. I was going to add a medical mask with two small black circles like pig nostrils but I could not find one when I picked up the medicines.....curses foiled again!!!  ;D  Took forever for the package to get to you.....so much for PRIORITY MAIL!!!  I'm glad you like everything!  Merry Christmas and a HEALTHY new year.

Ray.....the unmasked by 10.5 Secret Santa   ??? :o ;D ::)

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

rdevous

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!