Goya "MOJO CRIOLLO" marinade ..... anyone tried it?

Started by classicrockgriller, December 04, 2009, 06:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

nepas post from his SIL is same ingredients as on my bottle. You can replace the orange with sour orange if you can find it.

Quarlow

Never heard of sour orange. Is that the same as unsweetened juice or is it those ones they use for marmilade, seville or something.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

I would go with an unsweeten and find the souriest fresh one you can find. probably any juice might work.

gonna marinade one to nite and maybe make a mojo and see if any difference.

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

ronbeaux

Latin American/Cuban marinade.

I use it to marinade fajitas, chicken, etc. The bitter orange is mostly used during the cooking process and a little dash will do ya. Good stuff.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Quarlow

Oh ok it is the sauce. I am making some right now.

OBS
BBQ

ronbeaux

Yep, it's easy to make. But I got a Mexican grocery store 2 miles from the house and have to pass by there every day.

FLBentRider

Quote from: Quarlow on December 05, 2009, 09:39:59 AM
Never heard of sour orange.

Sour Orange is a particular variety of Orange. Not much for eating or juicing, but it adds well to recipes where you want the tang without the sweet and lemons are too strong.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

I was in one of the 3 mexican store in town buying some stuff and the little mexican lady ask me what I was making.

I told her Salsa Verde and she ask how I made it. As I explained each step she would shake her head up and down like
she was agreeing with me. When I got thru she ask if I would write it down for her. I did and when I go in there now
she tells me her family only wants my salsa verde. Pretty kewl.

ronbeaux

My Mexican grocery Lady always nods her head up and down no matter what I say. :-\ Fortunately they have pictures on the menu.

classicrockgriller

I know some spanish and tried talking to her but she speaks pretty good english so I quit.

About two weeks ago she ask me my name and I told her. She said she will call the salsa verde Sonny's Salsa Verde.
she said before that she was calling it Coustomer's Salsa Verde.

Quarlow

I got my jar all made and now it rests quietly just waiting for tomorrow. I was thinking chicken legs and drumsticks. Marinated and done in the oven. Thoughts.

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

My thoughts are the marinade is a little watery. what I am gonna do is after marinading I am gonna strain the marinade and use the spices like a wet rub unless I can think of a seasoning that compliments the mojo.

Quarlow

Would you keep it in the fridge and how long should this stuff keep. I guess you have to use fairly soon so as not to ferment.

OBS
BBQ