• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Started some Jerky today

Started by smokeitall, December 06, 2009, 06:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokeitall

Saw a couple of posts with this cut of meet, and JT recently tried it, so I thought I would give it a try.  Purchased from Sams, was a little over 11lbs before trimming and about 10lbs after.  Put them in the freezer for a little while, sliced, and into the jars.  This is a new jerky recipe that I made up, if its any good I will post the ingredients.  Will go into the 80L in the morning since the smoker is full for the next 24 hours (thats a different post).

SIA

NePaSmoKer

Hopefull Romantic

One of these days SIA, one of these day and I hope soon, I will make my first jerky
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

SIA, I'm Like Hady, gonna do it soon. Looking forward to the results.

OU812

Looookin Gooood

Cant wait to see the finished product.

smokeitall

Ok here are some pics.  It turned out pretty good.  I have 4 pics here trying with and without the flash but I really couldn't get a good one.  Was trying to make you guys drool.  :)

I really liked this cut of meat and for $3.19 / lb it's worth it.
SIA

classicrockgriller

SIA, looks tasty! Great color too.

So what did you think of the recipe?

smokeitall

I will tell you tomorrow.  It always taste different after the first day.  So far so good.
SIA

Hopefull Romantic

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

OU812

That looks tastey, let us know how your new recipe tastes

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

BigJohnT

I still have one piece left from my last batch  ;D saving it for you.

JT

smokeitall

Well JT I'm bringing some down along with some pulled pork...should make a nice lunch :)  See you tomorrow.
SIA

BigJohnT

I did find the eye of round easier to process than the flank steak. I still have your one piece of jerky I saved for you... I had to hide it in the van. When I carried it out of the house this morning Coco was jumping up and down and sniffing the paper bag the jerky was in just hoping it was for her.

John

KevinG

Wow, that's a lot of jerky on one rack. Did you have a hard time getting that to dry? You're dog obviously has good taste. :D
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG