How authentic are apple pucks ?

Started by Fair-chase, December 08, 2009, 04:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fair-chase

Just wondering here , but where do they come up with enough apple trees to make pucks ?

Quarlow

They get them from the orchards. The large orchards are culling their trees every year in a rotation. so they are constantly replacing their trees at a rate that allows them to keep the right amount of fruit growing each year. They are generally only allowed to produce so much fruit per year as set by the food board and then they just figure out how many trees they can afford to replace. They have a quota and that's it for their fruit.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Quarlow on December 08, 2009, 09:11:52 AM
They get them from the orchards. The large orchards are culling their trees every year in a rotation. so they are constantly replacing their trees at a rate that allows them to keep the right amount of fruit growing each year. They are generally only allowed to produce so much fruit per year as set by the food board and then they just figure out how many trees they can afford to replace. They have a quota and that's it for their fruit.

I agree with Q. My uncle's friend own a large apple orchad in south Jordan and that is exctly how he does it. As a matter some of the last batch of his culled trees are drying out in my uncle's garage for yours trully to be used in smoking BBRs.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Quarlow

When you consider that it takes something like 5 years to bare fruit you realize that they have a lot of trees.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Fair-chase