Tuna and broccoli with smoked cheddar sauce

Started by ronbeaux, December 12, 2009, 04:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronbeaux

Tuna steaks with smoked cheese sauce on steamed broccoli.

Freaking yumm!

grated some smoked cheddar mixed with a little cream, butter, and lemon juice and then slowly melted it in a sauce pan.

Fired some tuna steaks on the Mini

Then topped each with the cheese sauce.

Hit the spot.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

D@mn!  Nice!!

You need to do a how-to video on the Mini Egg sometime...

KevinG

Is that what that thing is, it looks pretty cool, about 4 coals to cook on. Too bad I'm not a big fish fan, the meal almost wants me to convert.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

That looks good Ron.  I love tuna.  My local market occasionally has Sashimi grade available.  I cut it paper thin and eat it raw with Wasabi and crackers or rice.

The cheese sauce looks like it could work with a number of things including peas and brussel sprouts, as well as maybe swordfish.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

ronbeaux

I'm pretty sure I made a video using the Mini. The cheese sauce is easy and adaptable to numerous dishes. The smoke flavor of the cheese really stands out so be careful.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: ronbeaux on December 13, 2009, 12:56:37 PM
I'm pretty sure I made a video using the Mini. The cheese sauce is easy and adaptable to numerous dishes. The smoke flavor of the cheese really stands out so be careful.
I take it then that the Missus doesn't think I'm nuts for leaving cheese in the fridge for 10+ days anymore. Is she feeling any better?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ronbeaux

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 13, 2009, 01:44:10 PM
Quote from: ronbeaux on December 13, 2009, 12:56:37 PM
I take it then that the Missus doesn't think I'm nuts for leaving cheese in the fridge for 10+ days anymore. Is she feeling any better?

She is feeling great but is still restricted by the Surgeon from doing anything. And I mean ANYTHING!  She has ate up all the cheese except for the pepper jack which is mine. Mine I tell you!

Does anybody know what to do if the washing machine is trying to walk out to the curb???? Or should I just leave it alone until it reaches the end of the cord. ???

KevinG

Take the couch out of it, you have to do them in the dishwasher. :D
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ronbeaux

Quote from: KevinG on December 13, 2009, 02:10:05 PM

Now that's funny I don't care who you are!

ArnieM

Quote from: ronbeaux on December 13, 2009, 02:40:25 PM
Quote from: KevinG on December 13, 2009, 02:10:05 PM

Now that's funny I don't care who you are!

If it walks far enough, it pulls the plug.  That's a safety feature  ;D  A chair might work but the couch is definitely out.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

Man that looks freakin gooood, going to have to try some tuna steaks and that cheese sauce looks dam good also.