Hot smoking a bonless turkey breast

Started by str1der, March 21, 2005, 10:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

str1der

I'm planning on hot smoking a 4 lb bonless turkey breast for my first smoke. I was just going to do something simple like what's in the Bradley recipe book. Is there a need to baste this as it cooks or am I better just leaving the door shut?

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

put a few strips of bacon on top of your breast, no need to baste it, and yes leave the dont open the door[:)]

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SMOKEHOUSE ROB</i>
<br />put a few strips of bacon on top of your breast<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Just to clarify, Rob's talking about the TURKEY![:D][:D][:D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

str1der

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SMOKEHOUSE ROB</i>
<br />put a few strips of bacon on top of your breast<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Just to clarify, Rob's talking about the TURKEY![:D][:D][:D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks for clarifying that. I was wondering how that would help.[:D]

Have any of you tried the Bradley recipe?

Habanero Smoker

Unless it is fresh, most turkey breast are pre-injected with a brine solution, so there in no need to baste. If you pull it out of the BS when the internal temperature is 150 - 155 degrees F, you be okay.

I have never used the BS recipe, which one are you referring to.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

str1der

It's the one on page 12 of the recipe booklet

Sesh

Haven't tried the boneless, but Bassman's bone-in turkey breast recipe turned out great.  No basting required.

str1der

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sesh</i>
<br />Haven't tried the boneless, but Bassman's bone-in turkey breast recipe turned out great.  No basting required.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Where is this recipe?

Bassman

Ken,
This recipe has served me well. enjoy[:D]
http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=133&whichpage=1

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Crazy Canuck

Also doing a turkey breast with bacon slices tenderly wrapped and for a kick I made pockets in the meat and stuffed these pockets with a Jalepeno Colby cheese. Smoked with hickory for two hours at 55 degrees F. Then slowly brought temp up over next three hours till I reached an internal temp of 165 degrees F.[8D][8D]

Addicted to Smokin[:p][:p][:p]
DanR Fort St. John BC

str1der

Well I did two 4.5 bonless breasts this weekend and they turned out great. Didn't take any pics though. I coated them with olive oil then used Uncle Bud's Rub then into a plastic bag and put into the frig overnight. I removed the top rack and placed the breasts on the second with a few strips of bacon on top. I then cooked them at 220F  until 165 internal temp. This took about 4-5 hours followed by FTC for 1 hour. I used about 2.5 hours of smoke alternating Hickory and Pecan. When I cut into them I couldn't believe how juicy they were. Everyone loved the turkey and I've been told I now have to bring these to my mom's house next Thanksgiving. Very pleased with my first smoking experience.

Smok'em if you got'em