• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

sausage stuffer

Started by bundy, December 18, 2009, 08:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drano

I've got the Cabelas 11 lb also, and really like it.
I got mine before they removed some of the teeth on the top of the shaft, so mine has teeth all the way to the end. 

Now that I've got the motor, I have a line on the shaft to know where the bottom is.  I can understand why Cabelas removes teeth, but from what I here, they most likely took off several more than they needed to. 
Seems like adding a layer or 2 of plastic cutting board, or a maple board, would help.

get smokin
drano

bundy

OK, Thanks for everbody's help! I went with the 15# Northland Tool stuffer and had it in 2days! Now I need to get those stuffer tubes I have seen people talking about put can't seem to find them in my searches.
Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!

classicrockgriller

bundy, you talking about the SS tubes that BigJohnT makes?

bundy

pensrock

One thing to remember is if you are making snack sticks and using a small tube is to keep the meat moist and allow it to warm up. That way you do not put too much pressure on the stuffer. There should be a post in the 'FOR SALE' section that refers to the tubes Big John makes. I must say I have been wanting one myself for some time now. He does a great job making them, I got to wait till work picks up enough for me to get one.

bundy

Can't seem to find a place to order or find out about them, BIG JOHN are you out there??????????

Tenpoint5

Try this Link to Smokeitall's website. He will get you a set from Big John

http://www.smokeandstuff.com/stuffing/catstuffing.html
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

bundy