Trying another bisket ....

Started by outdoorsfellar, December 30, 2009, 11:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Go for it ODF!  You've got a bunch of good guys watching your back on this one.

KyNola

outdoorsfellar

TY TY TY ... ;D    I just got home a bit ago with my brisket. I have to work 7a - 7p tomorrow, so my original plan was to start smoking later tomorrow night & then toss it in the oven at bedtime. I already have it covered & injected with CT. I'll tell ya though, seeing all that goodness makes me want to start all the sooner !

I could start smoking when I get home after midnight tonight, & then pop it in the oven when I leave for work in the morning ... my wife will have to keep an eye on it while I'm gone. Of course, the longer it marinates, all the better life will be just the same, so it'll be a big decision to make. Just for the heck of it , here's a recent pic of my Moinkballs. I did a few diferent batches of 'em on Christmas day ....

I'll be recording the Rose Bowl so I can watch it all when I get home, so I certainly want some sort of feast for that ..... Go BUCKEYES !

KevinG

Sorry to disappoint you, but they lost - better send the food my way so as not to waste any in your tears.  ;D
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tenpoint5

Everything looks good so far, Going to give the moink ball thing a try myself tomorrow. As for the "Go Buckeye's" yeah they can GO HOME!!!! they got really lucky against the Hawkeye's ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

outdoorsfellar

Well, well .... I see we have some disgruntled & all the more non Buckeye fan name callers here. A win is a win & a looser remains a looser. Go ahead with your jabs, BUT..... when the BUCKEYES become victorius, as I predict, I will return & leave no stone unturned ....  ;D ;D ;D

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

outdoorsfellar

Ok, after a 18 hrs of anticipation, I was able to come home from work & enjoy a great meal while watching a great game ! I put my 5lb brisket in the smoker starting at 2am for a 4 hour smoke of hickory & then into the oven at 220 from 6am to 8pm. I was quite impressed with the finished bark with just using CT. Though injected, I never did taste it from the inside. Anyway, here's some pics of my end result  ....

I had a lot of great advise here & thanks to all for their input !

Go Buckeyes !!

HawkeyeSmokes

Looks good ODF!

Even if you are an Ohio fan!  :D

Glad that brisket came out great for you!
HawkeyeSmokes

Tenpoint5

Brisket Looks great and the Buckeyes won one for the Big 10 It was a good day!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ArnieM

Wow, that was a long cook ODF but it looks like it came out good.

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

seemore

That is one fine-looking brisket!
seemore

classicrockgriller