• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smokin' the Easter Bunny?

Started by JJC, March 24, 2005, 02:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJC

Hi All,

I suppose this could in the "OK-Who's A-smokin' what this weekend" thread, but since it's a holiday I thought it might be worth a separate topic (Chez, if you agree, perhaps we can append this thread to the above topic after Easter weekend).

We're having about 25 people from 4 different families over for Easter, so it will be quite a spread.  Appetizers will be smoked cheeses, smoked shrimp using the S+S receipe, and spannikopita made by my Greek neightbor.  For the main meal, I'll be doing an Olds T-shirt double-smoked ham (oak smoke) plus a deep-fried turkey injected with butter garlic marinade.  We're also having "dueling leg-o-lambs":  my Greek neighbor and our Lebanese friends are each bringing over a leg of lamb they will have prepped for me to rotisserie on my grill. Our Irish friends are bring (what else!) a potato dish, assorted veggies and the desserts.

Love to hear what other folks are doing!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Crazy Canuck

Ham'n it up to. (Will use the t-shirt metod with hickory)Sour cabbage rolls with creamed perogies. [:p][:p][:p]

Addicted to Smokin[:p][:p][:p]
Dan R @ Fort St. John BC

simmy

my parents are coming from ND and I am doing a Brisket with 4 hours of hickory. Can't wait for them to try out a "product" from my BS.

Everyone have a SMOKIN Easter!!

Steve

Chez Bubba

Going to Chicago to the in-laws, mine, not Anne's. We'll be able to consume German pork loin so dry that no amount of gravy can moisten it.[xx(] OTOH, most appetizers are great and the red cabbage rocks!

Am planning on taking in 1/2 a pork loin, smoked, and served at the temp it should be. They'll probably think it tastes bad, butcha gotta try to convert 'em![:p][;)][:)]

Anne probably won't eat anything that's not chocolate, as that's what she gave up for Lent. Me, I gave up possum and one-legged Peruvian hookers![;)][}:)][:D][:D]

Happy Easter everyone.[:)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

simmy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Me, I gave up possum and one-legged Peruvian hookers!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Chez,, You crack me up[:D][:D][8D]

Steve

oguard

Well this weekend is also my fathers surprise birthday party[;)] so I will be doing a 7lb roast beef and maybe some smoked cheese.[:)]
<b><font face="Comic Sans MS">KEEP ON SMOKIN</font id="Comic Sans MS"></b>
<b><font face="Comic Sans MS">Mike</font id="Comic Sans MS"></b>
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Harpo

as for me I gave up riding in submarines and eating watermelon, always works for me.

If you miss the bus by 2 seconds are you on it? [;)]

ChefBill

Kirk,
Maybe you should have kept the possum to smoke and served it with the dry pork loin. That would make the dry pork loin easy to swallow. [:D] Bill

If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

manxman

Hi all,

JJC said: <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> my Greek neighbor and our Lebanese friends are each bringing over a leg of lamb they will have prepped for me to rotisserie on my grill. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Would be interested in how they prepared the legs of lamb, lamb is one of my favourites. [:)][:)]

I've got a couple of briskets that will be marinaded then rubbed with a modified Wild Willy!! (?S+S)[:I][:D]

Also got around 8lbs spare ribs, probably do a couple of different batches but mine and my two boys favourite is marinate in sweet apple cider for 24 hours then rub with a modified Kansas City Sweet and Sour. (again ?S+S)I spray the ribs every hour to hour and a half with more cider then eat with whatever dip/sauce the boys fancy.

The later is a specific request from my 7 year old son!!

On a different subject quite a few rub recipes mention mustard, is there a specific mustard people use? What's the commonest?

Happy Easter everyone and good smokin' [:D][:D][:D]

Manxman.
Manxman

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ChefBill</i>
<br />Kirk,
Maybe you should have kept the possum to smoke .....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">When you smoke possum, there is one line you will never get, that is "It tastes like chicken" but on the other and I have heard "it tastes like pork" but with more grissle.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

cmattNgeorgia

we're gonna do a ham.  i've been trying to locate Old's t-shirt method within other threads.  hopefully, i'll find it before saturday, otherwise i'll do it the common way and try the t-shirt method the next time.

so, for us on Sunday:
Breakfast:
smoked sausage links
eggs
grits
cheese
plain bread
lots of coffee

Lunch:
smoked ham (hickory)
potatoes (smashed)
green beans
fresh made swiss-egg bread
lots of cheese chunks

Dinner:
pizza
beer

Chris

Jasper County Firefighter
"Where-ever you find smoke you'll find us!"

jaeger

manxman wrote -

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">On a different subject quite a few rub recipes mention mustard, is there a specific mustard people use? What's the commonest?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Any yellow mustard will work. Cover the entire piece of meat including the sides. The mustard helps to hold on <u>more</u> rub. You really can't taste the mustard.

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

manxman

Hi jaeger,

thanks, only have experience of using english mustard, just wanted to make sure I was'nt missing anything! [;)]

Manxman.
Manxman

BigSmoker

Just got back from Sam's with a small brisket flat.  Right at 4 lbs so in the tumbler she will go with who knows what at this point.  3 full racks of spares that I plan to trim down to St. Louis style myself[:0] and again tumble with something.  2 racks of uncut lamb chops that will be tumbled 1 with olive oil, rosemary, lots of garlic, maybe a splash of cider vinegar.  And last 4 sirloin steaks.  I'll think about sides later but I really need to try out my new ABT holder.  Happy Smokin' to everyone.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Harpo

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BigSmoker</i>
<br />Just got back from Sam's with a small brisket flat.  Right at 4 lbs so in the tumbler she will go with who knows what at this point.  3 full racks of spares that I plan to trim down to St. Louis style myself[:0] and again tumble with something.  2 racks of uncut lamb chops that will be tumbled 1 with olive oil, rosemary, lots of garlic, maybe a splash of cider vinegar.  And last 4 sirloin steaks.  I'll think about sides later but I really need to try out my new ABT holder.  Happy Smokin' to everyone.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">What does this tumbler do exactly.? is it a marinader? a tenderizer, Please advise.
Harpo