Introductions

Started by msiler, February 20, 2004, 12:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

banzai

ok everyone, just saw something on the food channel. try this one out, "smoked garlic and smoked salt". yes folks i did say salt. looked like a course sea salt.  looked awsome. what a great thing to put on all kinds of stuff. also, the smoked garlic thing sounds great to. must make an awsome red sauce for pasta. gonna try that. if anyone gives it a try let me know. smoke on!!.........."E"

ChefJeff

Happy Canada Day-EH! Food Channel-You  havn't read your copy of S&S the smoked salt is in there.

SMOKIN & SPOKEN

ChefJeff

Happy Canada Day-EH! Food Channel-You  havn't read your copy of S&S the smoked salt is in there.

SMOKIN & SPOKEN

ChefJeff

Happy Canada Day-EH! Food Channel-You  havn't read your copy of S&S the smoked salt is in there.Chef Jeff Yorktown Hts> New York.

SMOKIN & SPOKEN

ChefJeff

Happy Canada Day-EH! Food Channel-You  havn't read your copy of S&S the smoked salt is in there.Chef Jeff Yorktown Hts> New York.[:D]

SMOKIN & SPOKEN

BrentK

Hey everyone,

Have you been getting the same "error 8000"  catastrophic failure"

that I've been getting when trying to post today.[?] Mr Admin,[?]

BrentK
Grand Forks, ND

Fuzzybear

Yeah, I got the error message too...had to go back in and delete a response as it double loaded it.

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

pedally

Hi, my name's Phil.  I'm from Des Moines, Iowa.  I have a New Braunfels off side smoker and a Brinkman 4 in 1 smoker  and I do awful on both.  I can't keep my temp consistant and I hate the soot from having my propane on so low.

I'm currently talking my better half into the need for a third smoker to ruin meat with and I'm hoping the BS will keep her mouth chewing instead of (fill in blank).[;)]

I've been looking at other smoker web sites and I always end up back here for quality.  A farmers supply store chain sells them around here but I think I'll be writing to Bubba in a couple of weeks to secure mine.

I live reading the forums and getting the useful quetions, information and chuckles you guys (and gals) put out and loooking foward to sharing my experiances from the heartland

Cold Smoke

Welcome aboard Phil,

If you've been following this forum you'll already know there's a great wealth of information and experience here.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I'm currently talking my better half into the need for a third smoker to ruin meat with and I'm hoping the BS will keep her mouth chewing instead of (fill in blank). <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You'd have a hard time ruining anything with the Bradley and I'm sure the Mrs. will be busy munching rathing than _itching. I've had mine for approx 7 months now and love it. I haven't ever ruined anything I've tried and I have limited smoking experience. As a matter of fact most everything I've done turned out superb. There's not much the BS can't do and I don't recall anyone here ever having anything bad to say about this product.

Give Chez a holler- he'll set you up. I for one am having a hell of a good time with this thing!

Happy smoking!

Cold Smoke

Fuzzybear

Welcome Phil!

You won't go wrong with Chez and the Bradley....we guarantee it or Chez will send your money back![:D]

Glendora, CA - USA!

Zipper

Hi, I'm the Zipper name comes from bigzip my former number of career race wins.  I'm in no smoke land of NY I've had my BS for 3 months and love it.  I've done Butts, brisket, bacon.  I've got an eleven year old who I can't keep in jerky.  My family was up for Father's Day, and was so impressed with what came out of my Bradley, 2 of my brohters are ready to order them.

Zipper

Hi, I'm the Zipper name comes from bigzip my former number of career race wins.  I'm in no smoke land of NY I've had my BS for 3 months and love it.  I've done Butts, brisket, bacon.  I've got an eleven year old who I can't keep in jerky.  My family was up for Father's Day, and was so impressed with what came out of my Bradley, 2 of my brohters are ready to order them.

Fuzzybear

Welcome Bigzip!  Bummer on the races but at leased the chow is turning out better from what you indicate in your post!

Glendora, CA - USA!

nsxbill

Hello All,

I hail originally from Napa, CA, but when I retired, moved to El Dorado Foothills on the Highway 50 side of the trek to Lake Tahoe.  Have been smoking stuff in a Brinkman and stovetop smoker for about 15 years.  Originally saw the BS on an ad from Chef's catalog, and just had to have one.  My SS model should be here by Friday or Monday of next week, and anxious to try it.

NSXBill is my license plate...used to race my Acura NSX a couple of times a year - nothing competitive...just fun.  Now spend most of my road time in Hummer H2(Update 6/18/05 sold the Hummer - gas was killing me - Now a little 2005 390HP SSR Chevy Retro Pickup.  Luckily wife hates my choice in vehicles and doesn't want to drive them!

As I have gotten older, and I hope wiser, have become a renaissance man.  I roast my own coffee, grind my own flower, and after satisfying that never ending hunger for good ribs, will be starting to do my own sausage.  The BS seems ideal for smoking, and far easier to use than the Brinkman water smoker.

Looking to all you old pros for tips on use and recipes.  Already want a thermostat heat control and some of the Bubba pucks, and I haven't even take possession of the smoker yet!

I am not big on smoked salmon, but wife loves it, and just have to keep her happy[;)][:D].  Good excuse for getting a smoker, heh?  Funny thing, when I started roasting coffee, one of my neighbors came over to see if the porch was one fire.  I suspect the Bradley will be putting out a lot more smoke than my little coffee roaster!  

Bill

I love to hear the sound of deadlines whooshing by!
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

MWS

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by msiler</i>
<br />I noticed today that although we have a little over 200 members on this site, only 95 people have posted anything... Only 8 of us have broken the 20 post mark. That means that there are a lot of people lurking in the shadows, while that is great too, I think the forum may be missing out on a lot of great input.. So this post is an oportunity for everyone to introduce themselves to the board.

I am new to the site, I found it while registering my smoker. I recently bought a bradley and this thing is possibly the greatest thing since sliced bread. I have been smoking for as long as I can remember. These new electric smokers are too good to be true... Setup and leave it alone for hours and come back to great Q. Just doesn't seem right does it? Anyway I know that I will be a regular around, and i will try to listen to my advice above and not just fade into lurking.

This is a great forum with great people, too everyone who has answered questions I had and to those who will in the future, Thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing how this "community" is going to grow.

When in doubt smoke it.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What a great post I found from msiler circa Feb 2004. It was fun reading all the forum oldtimers introductions. I have noticed an increase lately in participants to the forum, so maybe it's time to do some 'introductions' again.

O.K. I'll start.... Names Mike, I mainly used the propane grill until a friend of mine returned from a trip to Texas last summer. Well, we had him over for a 'BBQ' dinner of chicken and ribs (ehem) on the grill. My pal told me of real BBQ he had experienced in Texas, meals I had only seen and heard of on TV. Impressed, I rushed out and bought a Charbroil water smoker hoping to experience the real BBQ I had heard of. Oh, it was good, real good actually, but way to much babysitting and weather dependant (I live in the Pacific Northwest U.S side, Pacific Southwest Canadian side). Wet climate..... My Alberta brother-in-law told me of a smoker he had by the name of Bradley. He told me how it automatically fed wood pucks every 20 minutes and was electric and could be used year round. I thought, that sounds too easy to be real BBQ, and electric? Hmmmmm. Well... come October, I began to crave that real BBQ again. Too cold for the water smoker I thought. Maybe I should at least look at that Bradley I've heard about. My local outdoor store happend to have them on sale. I visited the store at least 3 times that week. Long story not so short... I bought my Bradley and have used it every weekend since (except for that April beer festival [:o)]). This forum has been a wealth of information and a whole lotta laughs. Glad to be a part.

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"