I wish some of you lived closer.

Started by Tiny Tim, January 04, 2010, 08:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

I need some groceries, and my buddy that's been helping a lot is a little laid up today, and possibly for as long as a week.  My cousin would do it, but she's at work until 4:30 for sure, her husband is a State Congressman and I don't know if they're in session right now or not, so I don't want to call him and find that they are.  And my aunt that lives here in town is a recent heart patient so this cold air wouldn't do her any good.  Got another buddy that'd be happy to do it, but I don't know if he's awake or not (works nights).

I can get there and get around the store, just not sure I can get back into my truck to come home.  Also cancelled my appt for wrapping today cause it was too cold to leave this morning (up to zero now).

NePaSmoKer

Tim

If i was closer i would be more than happy to do whatever you needed help with.
Hang in there.

Tiny Tim

I know ya would, buddy.  That's what I like about ya and the rest of the guys here.  I'll find a way to get some.

Quarlow

You should do a search for online grocery stores. If there is one in your area they will get everything you need and deliver it to.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Tiny Tim

Too small of a town...heck, we only got indoor plumbing last year. ;D  Most businesses in the area don't even know what the internet is.  Good suggestion though.

FLBentRider

Tim,

Hang in there. I'm not sure I can be farther away, but I'd help you if I could.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Oyènkwara

Tim,

I have heard of people using a taxi service to pick up stuff for them. I'm not sure if it is really true they would do that but it might be a possible solution? If they are having a slow day they might jump on it?

Any taxi's in the area?

Tiny Tim

They run a taxi in the town I'd go to for the groceries, but not here in my hometown.  That's the trouble with small town living.  But, like I said before, I'll get by one way or another.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

deb415611

Tim,
Wish I could help but have a possibility:

The person that cleans my house runs errands for some of her customers.  Maybe if there is someone who has a small cleaning service they do similiar?   Also, it wouldn't hurt to call the grocery store and see if they can help or have suggestions.  They may work with someone who has a small business that would pick up groceries and deliver for a small fee.   Also, maybe contact the local senior citizen center they also might know of someone that could help you out while you are laid up (I know you are not a senior  ;))

Deb

pensrock

I live in a VERY small town also. I know the grocery would deliver to someone in need. As a matter of fact the nearby town has a couple stores that deliver for no charge.

Tiny Tim

Can't believe when I posted this, that I forgot about my other best friend who works in...get this...a grocery store.  DOH!!!!!!  Called him last night (he works nights there) and groceries were brought in this morning about 2 hours ago.

All is back to good in Tiny's world.........for now. :D

Quarlow

There you go Tiny. In the face of diversity we must look upon all resources availible. Glad to here you won't have to eat burnt popcorn tonight.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Tiny Tim

Quote from: Quarlow on January 06, 2010, 12:40:38 PM
There you go Tiny. In the face of diversity we must look upon all resources availible. Glad to here you won't have to eat burnt popcorn tonight.

Can't.....that was the last bag the other night. :)  Did I mention I really needed groceries? lol

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Tiny Tim

Thanks Olds.  Gettin' better though.  I'll be out chasin' women (cause they always run when they see me comin') before long.