NSXBILL-Water Stuffer

Started by SmokinDoc, March 26, 2005, 05:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinDoc

Bill,

I finally got my water stuffer a month ago and have already converted it over to air. Both air and water work good, its just a matter of which is more practical for you.

The only negative I have found is you need to add more water to the meat.

The positive is it is truly a one person operation.

Duane

nsxbill

Details on the air valve please!!  Do you have a picture of your valve/regulator you probably fabricated?

Have only unpacked mine and looked over the jerkey maker attachment.  Maybe doing some sausage later.   Working 8 and 9 days in a row because of the cold season here in Ca giving advice on managing symptoms...crazy times!  So many sick people!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

SmokinDoc

Bill,

It is very simple what i did, first I went to the napa store and bought a 1/4" mini air regulator part# 90-725. Then I took the stuffer body to the hardware store and had them reduce the water inlet of the stuffer down to 1/4" to go into regulator. Which then you put in a male diconnect for your air hose.

On the return side adapted down to a lever or handle shutoff valve.

This is so easy to operate, Just close shutoff valve then adjust regulator to the speed you want the meat to come out of the stuffer.
To stop the process just open the handle on the return valve.

I have found this to be much easier, you only have to contend with one hose and you don't have to worry about the possibility of a water leak.

What I have also learned from this method is when you are done stuffing sausage. release the air, unscrew the sausage cap then apply air again, this will push the oring piston out the open end.
This is much easier then the directions of the sausage stuffer.

Duane

nsxbill

Thanks for the part number Duane.  One of the other really experience sausagemeisters put together a bi-directional valve that sounded complicated for me.  I like is simple!

Have to get a little compressor, the parts you describe and will be in business.  

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.