Weekend Smoke

Started by stantonl, January 09, 2010, 02:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stantonl

Well its time for some smoked food. I saw a post about fatties and I had to try them. Had some round steaks in the fridge so I figured that I would try those as well. They are perfect for making sandwiches or tacos. Here are a couple of pics. I'll update after the smoke.

drewpatton

Looks amazing Larry! I see broccoli and cheese, but cant make out what else is in there....Inquiring minds want to know!

Drew

Tenpoint5

Gonna need some schooling on the bacon weave but that sure looks good to me.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

stantonl

I went with broccoli and cheese and sliced jalapenos. Definitely need some training on weaving bacon. It's my first attempt. I think I'll try something a little  different the next time I try weaving.

Larry

ArnieM

Don't worry too much about the weave Larry.  You have the basics in there. 

I haven't tried a weave yet myself.  I've seen some that could pass for a quilt and it seems pretty intimidating.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

That looks like some good eats to me.

I think you have to think backwards when you are weaving bacon. ;D

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

I'll certainly give weaving a shot soon, once I'm done playing with my pork and my butt - oh heck never mind.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

drewpatton

Hmmm....bacon weaving looks like an art. I think I need to do some practicing!!

Drew

classicrockgriller

I don't mind the weaving part, but sewing all the bacon ends together kills me.

stantonl

I enjoyed the fatty. Can't wait to try it again.

classicrockgriller

Well that is just awesome looking! I love everything that went in it. Never thought of tryin them together.

Note: You have a nice wife. If I did that on wifie's glass top stove,.....well it won't be pretty!

great job! this smokin is fun!

KevinG

That looks really good, I'm going to have to try those some time.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

seemore

good job now I need some fatties
seemore

stantonl

[quote author=classicrockgriller link=tove everything that went in it. Never thought of tryin them together.

Note: You have a nice wife. If I did that on wifie's glass top stove,.....well it won't be pretty!

great job! this smokin is fun!
[/quote]

Actually that's a blue plate under it. I don't know how it came out like that in the picture.

Larry