Snack Sticks at Room Temp?

Started by stephenk, January 06, 2010, 11:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenk

How long can you keep finished snack sticks in a plastic ziplock at room temperature?

Quarlow

Well NePaS is our resident guru of the snack sticks and he puts his in jar with holes in the lid. He doesn't like to put them in to bags because they need to breath so that mold doesn't start. I think he keeps them for a couple of weeks like that. Of course you can bag them and freeze them.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

stephenk

I thought he stuck them in the fridge after?

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

lumpy

I vac pack and freeze them for months or as long as I don't eat them.
When they are fresh, I leave them in the fridge in a baggie with holes in it. The veggie baggie type.

They last for weeks that way.
If I were to leave them on the counter, every minute of the day I would have a snack stick in my mouth ;D

Lumpy

Quarlow

OBS
BBQ

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: stephenk on January 08, 2010, 07:32:46 PM
I thought he stuck them in the fridge after?

I use the jug with holes in the top so the cat wont get into them.  If zip bags are all you have leave the zipper open or better yet the brown paper bag is good. As long as you added cure 1 you can leave them on the counter for a week to week and half........unless you eat em before that  :D

stephenk

Thanks guys. I think I might do some new years mailings now.