Hello from a smokers wife

Started by MrsHoss, January 11, 2010, 06:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrsHoss

Hello everyone.  I am originally from south Georgia but somehow ended up in southwest Virginia in the last few months.  My husband has recently become very interested in smoking so I am using this as a way to find some great recipes for us to try.  I love cooking and I thought that this forum was just about smoking but there are some great recipes on here for most anything.  Maybe in the next few weeks I will get brave enough to smoke something  myself.  Wish me luck!  :D

HawkeyeSmokes

Well welcome to the forum MrsHoss.  ;D

Check out the recipe site to. Old's Place
HawkeyeSmokes

KevinG

Welcome MrsHoss, I'm sure you'll find something that'll nock your socks off!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum MrsHoss!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

Hey MrsHoss,
Welcome to the forum!  Gotta love a southern girl.  Being from Georgia makes you a Georgia peach doesn't it?  I'm born and raised in Kentucky and I proudly claim being a southern boy.  Can't wait to see what good recipes and tips you can give us.  

KyNola

Quarlow

OOOoeee Hoss is passing over the reigns to the bradley. Man she has you trained. Just kidding. I know my wife would never but I would love for one of my girls to get real familiar with the Bradley and the BBQ. Welcome to the forum MRS. hoss I guess you probably heard of me today.  ;D ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Welcome MrsHoss,

We have a great forum here and it is just not about smoking meat.

We have another lady member that is teaching us cheese making.

We have a non smoked section for people favorite non-smoked foods.

After you feel comfy with the group, we hope you will post some of your fav's.

And if you have any questions, just ask. The only stupid question is the one not ask.

Paddlinpaul

Welcome to the fun MrsHoss. I've already tried a few recipes from here. The ABTs were a huge hit. Give em a try.
I may be Canadian but a lot of the time I think I should be from the south. I love smoked food and BBQ, Jack Daniels, the fine accent of a Southern Belle and a big fan of the Blues and music like Skynard, Molly Hatchett, SRV... and just the laid back attitude that seems to prevail down there.
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Paddlinpaul on January 11, 2010, 07:30:40 PM
Welcome to the fun MrsHoss. I've already tried a few recipes from here. The ABTs were a huge hit. Give em a try.
I may be Canadian but a lot of the time I think I should be from the south. I love smoked food and BBQ, Jack Daniels, the fine accent of a Southern Belle and a big fan of the Blues and music like Skynard, Molly Hatchett, SRV... and just the laid back attitude that seems to prevail down there.

Dang I knew I liked you Paul! Molly Hatchet is on my all time fav list, but so is Skynard, SRV, Deep Purple, Led Zep, Allman Bros, etc, etc

westexasmoker

Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 11, 2010, 07:47:33 PM

Dang I knew I liked you Paul! Molly Hatchet is on my all time fav list, but so is Skynard, SRV, Deep Purple, Led Zep, Allman Bros, etc, etc

Welcome aboard MrsHoss!

I'm with crg with the music list!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

dbondy

Welcome to the forum MrsHoss. :)

FLBentRider

Quote from: westexasmoker on January 11, 2010, 07:52:54 PM

Welcome aboard MrsHoss!

C

TWO guys from TEXAS and you BOTH forgot ZZTOP!

::)
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Paddlinpaul

Quote from: FLBentRider on January 12, 2010, 04:18:33 AM
Quote from: westexasmoker on January 11, 2010, 07:52:54 PM

Welcome aboard MrsHoss!

C

TWO guys from TEXAS and you BOTH forgot ZZTOP!

::)

There are just too many to list! I agree with every band listed above. Albert Collins another favorite.
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

ArnieM

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

Welcome to the fun MrsHoss.

With both of you smokin stuff that Bradley is goin to get a work out.