Hab system problems

Started by Oldman, January 09, 2010, 06:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on January 17, 2010, 01:48:06 AM
I'm glad to hear if one fried, it was the old system.
What ticks me off is it was a 2 to 2 1/2 year old $3,500.00 gaming box. And I mean just the box. Now to some that may sound like a crazy dollar amount. If I really wanted to go nuts-o I would have a massively over-clocked  liquid nitrogen cooled computer system. With the correct system you can overclock 100% of the entire box. (-190-C)

However, if I got one of those I know my wife would beat into a bloody mass. The cost is not just in the cooling but when you put together a system like that you only use the best / fastest/ components there are.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Hoss

So, exactly what kind of gaming do you do?

I have dreams of systems like that as well, but the misses says no :(
Life is not like a box of chocolates.  It's more like a jar of jalapenos - What you do Today might really burn your ass tomorrow.

Oldman

Quote from: Hoss on January 17, 2010, 09:50:19 AM
So, exactly what kind of gaming do you do?

I have dreams of systems like that as well, but the misses says no :(
Well last year I stopped gamimg. The images of your human targets became to real for me. If there is ever another BattleZone or a MechWarrior then I will more than likely return to the gaming world.  (I'm not into flight sims.) In the day I modded ships, maps and weapons but the stuff today in IMO is just wrong.

Many of the games today are teaching our youth that there really is no value to human life. When the times comes today's gameing youth may get into a real situation and will attack it as a game and find out that there is no respawn no matter who wins.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Hoss

Quote from: Oldman on January 17, 2010, 10:53:26 AM
Many of the games today are teaching our youth that there really is no value to human life. When the times comes today's gameing youth may get into a real situation and will attack it as a game and find out that there is no respawn no matter who wins.

Yes, this is one thing that really bothers me with todays games.  Its all about how many people you can kill, and how bloody you can make it.  Kinda sickening.
Life is not like a box of chocolates.  It's more like a jar of jalapenos - What you do Today might really burn your ass tomorrow.