Cajun Turkey Breast

Started by HawkeyeSmokes, January 09, 2010, 05:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HawkeyeSmokes

Decided to smoke a turkey breast and got it thawed out about noon today. Spatchcocked it and since I didn't have time to brine, figured I would inject it instead. It was a 8 lb whole turkey breast, injected it with about 10 oz of Creole butter, then seasoned it with a light sprinkle of salt and a good sprinkle of cracked black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and paprika. Then into the Bradley preheated to 300 for 2 hours of apple smoke. After a total of about 3:45 the IT was 165 so pulled and let it rest for about 20 minutes before slicing. It was very juicy, taste was just what I was looking for and the skin was not at all rubbery. All in all, a winner! I do have a second heating element installed and without it, I would have finished in the oven.

Injected and seasoned.

After 2 hours of smoke.

Pulled at IT of 165

Sliced and sampled

HawkeyeSmokes

KyNola

Nice turkey Hawkeye.  That looks great!

KyNola

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

classicrockgriller

You just can't hardly beat that Creole Butter. Very Nice!

How hard was it to install the second element?

HawkeyeSmokes

That Creole butter did work well. The turkey was real moist and the flavor was good. Just what I was looking for.

The second element install was pretty easy.
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

Wally World Had Cajun Injector Creole Butter on their clearnce Isle for $1.00 a bottle after the Holiday's.

I bought 10. ;D

HawkeyeSmokes

You should have bought all they had!

I paid 4.99 today.  >:(
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

HES, They has 27 cases. Maybe tomorrow it will be .50 a bottle and I would buy them all.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 09, 2010, 08:59:57 PM
HES, They has 27 cases. Maybe tomorrow it will be .50 a bottle and I would buy them all.

Dang it CRG, I'd say you suck, but instead, good for you!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oh, if it's .50 a bottle, get me a few cases and darn the shipping!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

seemore

Hawkeye... good looking turkey breast
seemore

harper072554

Very good looking Turkey Breast... I bought 20 bottles of Creole Butter for 50cents each over here...
Wade

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: harper072554 on January 16, 2010, 06:12:30 PM
Very good looking Turkey Breast... I bought 20 bottles of Creole Butter for 50cents each over here...

Where is over here? I'd love to snap some up for that price!
HawkeyeSmokes