Mod for indoor use?

Started by bundy, January 16, 2010, 08:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bundy

Hi Folks
I have moved my BDS inside the garage ( to cold outside ) and vented out thru the window. It seemed to work good the first couple of times but now if I don't have the in-line fan running alot of smoke comes out around the generator box and with the fan running it doesn't seem to be getting enough smoke in the box even with my damper closed.
Any ideas?
Thanks

lumpy

Your "damper" (vent) needs to be open to create a draft.
Keep the vent open 1/2 to 3/4.

Keeping the vent open will stop the smoke from backing up in the generator. Too much smoke in there might gum up the mechanisms.

Lumpy

westexasmoker

Yep Lumpy's got ya right....keep the vent open...I run mine inside of my well house vent full open for everything!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

bundy

Thanks guys, I got back up smoke even when the damper is wide open though, the only way I don't get it is if I turn the fan on. I'll try to take a pic and post it.

classicrockgriller

You may be getting wind blowing back thru your outside vent tube.

How is it covered?

Maybe put a 90* pointing down.

Just some thoughts.

Tiny Tim

Your duct is sealed to the smoker too well, I think that isn't allowing it to draft without the fan running.  That could also be why you're pulling the smoke out too fast.  Put a 1" air gap under the ducting and you'll get some "clean" air being pulled out, along with full removal of the smoke (unless you open the smoker door).

harper072554

I have a MES and last week when it was well below freezing here, I had no problems smoking my homemade pork sausage... My MES is in the same line as a Bradley from what I can figure out...
Wade