Redfish recipe

Started by deadeye, March 30, 2005, 02:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadeye

Does anyone have a recipe to grill Redfish?? My friend is bring over some fillets Thursday and I was wanting some recipes??

Thanks guys

Derek Canada

whitetailfan

Grilled Redfish...
1)Rinse fillets under cold water until blood is gone and fillets are white again.
2)Grill your fish.

Sorry Deadeye, just kidding around.  I dont know what Redfish is.  Seriously though, one of my favorite recipes for fish in general, pike, walleye, etc is what I call "shore lunch style".
I have been on only one big fishing trip before, it was northern Saskatchewan - fly in pontoon plane and this is how we ate fish over an open fire, (replicated of course for the home chef)
Anyway, heat up a frying pan of oil on the side burner of your gas grill.  Can be done inside, but I find the wife does not like the smell of fish cooking in the house.
Batter your skinless fish in a mixture of 50% shake n bake and 50% flour.  Fry in oil.  Done.

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Kummok

Derek:
Here's a "No-Fail" recipe for blackening...it's NOT grilling, but it's GREAT for fish! If you'll private me, I'll send the recipe, w/ photos, as an attachment.
RC

Blackened Salmon or Halibut

&gt;&lt;&gt;Equipment:                     Very Important!! Do this OUTSIDE!!
Gas fired burner with high output. Our's sounds like a small rocket engine and was purchased as part of a deep fat turkey fryer package. We call it "The Binford 5000 Flamethrower"
Cast iron frying pan. We really lucked out on this when we bought a 14" pan at a garage sale for $8!! The cast iron can really take the high heat and cleans up very easily.
&gt;&lt;&gt;Spice:
Make it easy on yourself and amaze your guests with flavor....
Use Chef Paul's Blackened Redfish Magic.     http://www.chefpaul.com/
&gt;&lt;&gt;Meat:
The key to perfect blackening, (as well as grilling!!), is to cook UNIFORM thickness cuts. We prefer no more than 1/2" to 3/4" thick. When we cooked cubed meat, it is 1/2" to 3/4" cubes and used in salads and over pasta with grilled veggies, garlic , and olive oil.
&gt;&lt;&gt;Process:
1. Heat oiled frying pan so hot that the oil burns off and the bottom turns uniformly, "dullish grey" and is ssssmoookin! Have dinner guests sitting at the table so that steaks can be served HOT!!
For steaks:
2. Heavily sprinkle blackening spice on one side of UNIFORM THICKNESS steaks.
3. Place steaks on grill, seasoned side down, then heavily sprinkle spice on the "up" side.
4. Grill steaks for NO MORE than 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side, 3-4 minutes total, depending upon thickness.
For cubes:
2. Rapidly put meat in pan
3. Heavily sprinkle blackening spice over meat while "stirring" it with a metal spatula.
4. Continue stirring/turning process until meat is done....approximately 2-3 minutes MAX!

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA