• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Come on Spring

Started by Tiny Tim, January 22, 2010, 05:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

I normally don't mind winter, but I will be ecstatic when this one is over.  Past 2 nights have been spent without the furnace able to run...first night was my fault that I ran out of oil, but last night the power went out at 11:15 and didn't come on until 8:50 this morning.  Plus, the neighbors tree must not like my house or truck, it keeps dropping limbs and ice chunks...so far the only casualty is the bug deflector off the truck and a bent license plate.  As for the house, for a while it sounded like somebody dribbling a bowling ball in the attic.  I got fed up with the noise and just hollared "Enough up there already".........for some reason, I haven't heard any of it since.

Gizmo

Uh Oh,
Tiny summoning up mystic powers.
We bow.   :D
Stay warm my friend.  Spring will be here.  Just may take a few more snows though. :'(
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

FLBentRider

I was gonna say something about squirrels in your attic.....
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tiny Tim

It's still quiet up there.  Either I have a person up there and they're waiting for me to go to bed, or the neighbor's tree ran out of limbs and ice to throw at it.

When Grandma and Grandpa lived here, they did have squirrells up there a lot, but I think we got the holes they came in filled.  New roof about 7 years ago helps too.

KyNola

Tim,
Not to alarm you but last year at this time we had a terrible ice storm.  I heard the same sort of things on my roof for several hours too.  When I went up in the attic the next morning when I had daylight as the power had been off for several hours and stayed off for over 4 days, I found 3 different limbs sticking through my roof into the attic.  If you can, you might want to take a look up there.

Good luck my friend.  Ice storms can be devastating.

KyNola

hal4uk

TT...  KY ain't kiddin'...  That stuff will do some serious damage. 
BUT - Be careful just goin' to look - KEEP AN EYE LOOKING UP - you could get KILLED while you're inspecting.
Be safe!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Tiny Tim

Just opened the door and looked up there...all dark except for where light is filtering through a vent.  Thanks for the advice though.  Monday I'll do an external look just to make sure.

MPTubbs

I'm ready for spring too Tiny!

It's been warm around here for a couple of days and the snow is vanishing fast....high today -- 44*.
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

Tiny Tim

More fallout from this (*%%&$^#^@%%@%^&$*(#&$^#&@*@*@ storm.  Found today when I was on my way to get my legs wrapped, that one of my neighbor's tree limbs landed on my hood and made a pretty good dent.  Happened sometime after I got home Friday, but before I left today.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

I feel for ya Tim we had an ice storm Wed night and by the end of the day Fri my yard looked like a bomb went off. I moved the cars and where my wife had her car parked there was a branch the size of her car laying in the same place.
Glad I moved her car. Looks like a will have at least a days work just to pile up all the fallen branches.

Stay warm.