Bacon wrapped Pineapple w/bourbon glaze

Started by TMB, January 23, 2010, 07:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

Quote from: classicrockgriller on February 11, 2010, 06:18:03 PM
Question.

Have you ever put a hard cover lid over the BE or would it blow up?
Yes, I used a pizza pan when I smoked a loin one time. It did keep the heat in and kept a lot of the smoke in as well. The bad part is it will over cook the skin if left on to long.

NO it will not blow up but it can over heat TBE since the vents one the top are small and won't allow enough heat to escape. With that said, you can try a solid lid but you need to remove it every few mins to see the meat and make sure it's not over heating.  For what trouble it is I don't do it any more but I had to try it to find out you know.  Where did you get you holder?
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

classicrockgriller

I actually Oil fryed a few Turkey's and it came with the deep fryer that I got.

I have seen some almost like them at Academy (Sporting Goods Store) and if I see one I will snatch it.

If you have found one by then, then I will have a spare.

TMB

Cool thanks.   I did buy a "cheap" fryer but won't use it for anything but corn-boils. The holder that came with it is a rod with a base and would not hold a bird more then 16 lbs if that much.  You think buy now I would have one. Altough my spit seems to work really good for certain things a big bird would not work so I do need to get a holder.

Ka Honu

CRG - If you find it, I'd like the brand name of that turkey stand in your photos.  It looks far better than the cheapo I have or the Spanek or Big Green Egg versions which are all I see when I'm looking. Thanks.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Ka Honu on February 11, 2010, 06:57:20 PM
CRG - If you find it, I'd like the brand name of that turkey stand in your photos.  It looks far better than the cheapo I have or the Spanek or Big Green Egg versions which are all I see when I'm looking. Thanks.

NP, I will be glad to do that for a kindly ole Turtle.

classicrockgriller

TMB

But if you hog tie the wings then you could lift it out that way.