Anyone tried this rub?

Started by str1der, April 15, 2005, 06:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

str1der

Not an advertisment just a satisfied customer. I ordered this rub and I've used it on shoulder, ribs, and beer can chicken. All turned out outstanding. The price is very reasonable for a 3lb tub. Have any of you guys/girls used it before? What did you think? I'm fairly new to rubs so I'm not sure how it compares.

http://www.unclebudspice.com

Smok'em if you got'em

Habanero Smoker

What spices and seasonings are in this rub; I couldn't locate that information?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

str1der

The usual suspects. Brown sugar, season salt, salt, black and Cyene pepper,Paparika plus other various.

Smok'em if you got'em

str1der

I guess that's a big no. I was very pleased with this rub and I think I'm going to order another bucket. I'm also looking to get a good coffee type rub since I love country ham and redeye gravy.

Smok'em if you got'em

JJC

I haven't used the Uncle Bud rub, but I'll put it on my list to try based on your endorsement.

As for coffee-type rubs, Dizzy Pig makes an excellent one called Red Eye Express.  BigSmoker sells them on his website:  www.bbqshopping.com
I haven't tried it on pork but its dynamite on beef! [:p]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

humpa

John....I just ordered some rubs myself. I have found though, that some of the best rubs are homemade and very simple. I sometimes just use the Montreal Steak Seasoning and that is sooooo good. I even put it on scrambled eggs and my salads.

Ernie....Weymouth, MA

Fuzzybear

I'm not a big fan of pre-made rubs but will use them if I can't get all the fixin's together...so, I'm saying "no", I have not used it.

I just like the ability to adjust the ingredients if I want!

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Chattaroy, WA - USA!

Bassman

I like to make all my own rubs, to me, half the fun is experimenting with spices. I use Paul Kirks book as a guide and modify from there.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Phone Guy

I to like to make my own. When you put the spices together yourself you can identify them when eating the meat. You can then say 'I think next time I'll add a little more of this or that'. Its nice to know whats going on what you're eating.

JJC

I can really appreciate the value and fun of making your own rubs, and believe me, you guys make it sound pretty tempting.  As easy as it is, I still am lazy enough to just want to have a variety of rubs on the shelf to grab when I get the time to smoke. [:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Habanero Smoker

I often make my own rubs. Occasionally I am surprised with commercial mixes. Someone gave me a bunch of rubs last Christmas. One of them is "Durkee Grill Creations Kansas City Style Steak Seasoning". It is great on brisket. So when I need something real quick to rub on a brisket I know I can use that.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

str1der

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JJC</i>
<br />I can really appreciate the value and fun of making your own rubs, and believe me, you guys make it sound pretty tempting.  As easy as it is, I still am lazy enough to just want to have a variety of rubs on the shelf to grab when I get the time to smoke. [:D]

John
Newton MA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'm of the same mind John. I've done some experimenting but it's nice to find a good reliable commerical rub that's this cheap. Just thought I'd mention it out there for those that might be interested. Remember that a lot of these rubs were just someones home recipe that is now being sold.

Smok'em if you got'em