Tenpoint5

Thought I would share a family recipe.

Hash Brown Soup

1 sauteed onion
3 cans chicken broth
1 large bag frozen hash browns
1 (10.5 oz.) can cream of celery soup
1 (10.5 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1 (12 oz.) can of Evaporated Milk (I use regular milk instead of evaporated milk)
1 pound Velveeta cheese

Combine onion and broth, bring to boil. Add hash browns, bring to boil. Add soups (don't dilute) and evaporated milk, bring to boil. Add Cheese. Heat until cheese melts. Optional, serve with bacon bits on top. (Not Optional in my house Mandated. Come on it's BACON!!! How can it be wrong?)

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

CB

gotta tell ya --- this sounds tasty!  seriously gonna give it a go soon!
Happy Grilling!

NePaSmoKer

MMMMMMM

Going to try this but gotta use fake onions cuz Mrs dont like onions. I call her Debra Winger  :D

Caneyscud

That's the type of recipe that makes me get all jiggly all over 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

seemore

Chris, I think both seemore and I would like this.  Another must-try!
Mrs.

OU812

10.5 this sounds pretty good.

I'm goin to give this recipe to Taby and let her go.

sodak

10.5 -

This is on the tonight list...it should delight corporate.  She loves hashbrowns.  Perfect weather for it, too.  The ice storm is just starting.  Snow and wind tomorrow.  Might as well cook while I've got electricity!

Roadking

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 18, 2010, 06:25:16 AM
MMMMMMM

Going to try this but gotta use fake onions cuz Mrs dont like onions. I call her Debra Winger  :D

You can't have that. Man is on a diet!   >:(

wally22

Thanks for sharing your recipe I made it and it was great the wife even loved it.

Tenpoint5

Glad you enjoyed it Wally. I like to use the jalapeno Velveeta when the wife and the yardapes ain't gonne be eating it.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

wally22

Good idea lol. I think the next time I make it I just might try smoking the cheese first to see what happens.

rdevous

10.5...........That recipe makes me rummbly in my tummbly!!!

1/30/10..............Tonight's dinner......picked up the fixins at the store this morning.........snowed here today...........soup weather!!!

1/31/10..............Made it last night..........Y U M M O ! ! !.....I tweaked the recipe a little. I added parsley flakes, some course ground black pepper and one pack of Goya ham flavoring.  One pack worked perfectly....nice smokey ham flavor throughout the soup.  I used a whole 30 ounce bag of Orida shredded hash brown potatoes.  I bet the Orida O'Brien hash brown potatoes with the onions and bell pepper would work too...potatoes are cubed but should work still.  I used 2% milk as that was all we had on hand. 
My sister sent her compliments to the chef.....I almost fainted.....she liked it...she really liked it!!! LOL

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!