• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New Jerky Making Recipes

Started by whitetailchip, February 01, 2010, 07:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitetailchip

A buddy of mine just gave me a copy of a new jerky making cookbook by J. Wayne Fears called How to Make Jerky and Pemmican.  Just tried his venison jerky recipe and it must have been good...it was gone too quickly.  Anyone try any of his other recipes from this book?

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum whitetailchip!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KevinG

Can't say I ever did try any of them, don't have the book. Welcome to the forum though!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

classicrockgriller

Sounds interesting and welcome to the forum.

OU812

Welcome to the fun whitetailchip.

Havent seen the book but would like to see as many of the recipes as you can share with us, always lookin for new stuff.

Whitetail jerky is the best.

tommydunn

Hey all, I'm new to the forum and new to jerky making too.  I'm looking for a good book on jerky making, I didn't see that title on Amazon.com though.  Where did you find it?

whitetailchip

Hi tommydunn, my buddy got the book at the SHOT show.  He said its not on amazon, but you could get it direct from the publisher which is Pro Tool Industries.  Good luck...I'm planning on trying some venison jerky this weekend.  Wish me luck.

classicrockgriller

Hiya tommydunn and welcome to the forum.

NePaSmoKer

Good ol makers of the woodsmans pal knife. Remember them from when i worked in hunting at Cabelas.  Located about an hours drive from me. in pottstown.