SS model discontinued???

Started by azamuner73, February 03, 2010, 11:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

begolf25

Quote from: Wildcat on February 20, 2010, 06:21:29 AM

I suspect the SS model was primarily made to give people another choice other than black and with the costs being higher they simply do not sell enough to justify continued production. Personally I like mine. I never have cared for black colored products, not even cars.

Wildcat,

I spoke with our rep and you are right on. The 4 rack digital was meant to replace the SS model from the beginning and once that model was released SS sales dropped so they decided to take it out of production.

Bryan

Wildcat

Thanks for the feedback Bryan.

When my SS model gives up I guess I will convert to the black. I have no desire to purchase the digital. Just all the more potential problems to deal with and I have seen way to many problems with the digital on this forum. Non-digital with PID works fine for me. If the PID fails, the original will still smoke.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

azamuner73

I wish the original had a 6-rack as I would rather do that and get a PID.

OU812

Quote from: azamuner73 on February 24, 2010, 07:42:11 AM
I wish the original had a 6-rack as I would rather do that and get a PID.

Ditto!

nhirsch

I've had the SS model for a few years.  Surprisingly it's disappointing that it is rusting like a bandit.   The tray that catches the drips with the hole to the water dish looks it was hit with buckshot.   I use aluminum foil over it now to be sure the drips go in the water dish.   The water dish also rusted away.   I put my own in there now.    The inside is rusted.   The Outside looks ok.   The screws on the heater are steel so they are totally rusted.   The guage of the stainless is super thin and as anyone knows, once the stainless turns "active" , it deteriorates just like steel.    If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't know what to do as I've had no experience with the regular model but if you think you're getting a lifetime unit because it's what some are calling "stainless steel", you will be disappointed.