i was a virgin

Started by cletus t.s., February 04, 2010, 09:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cletus t.s.

i was a smoker virgin until this past sunday night.  i saved all my gift cards from christmas and my recent birthday and used them on a bradley original and some mesquite biscuts.  i spoiled myself with some baby backs from sams club and followed the 10.5 method of cooking them with a rub that i pretty much just threw together.  they turned out far beyond expectations.  just wanted to say hi to all of you and thank you for steering me toward the bradley.  also thank you all for the great input, insight, cooking methods and recipies.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum cletus t.s.!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Welcome to the fun cletus.

You made a good choice with the Bradley.

Quarlow

Wlecome to the forum cletus t.s.. You are going to love it here. Keep the smoke rolling and your vent open and have fun. Oh yeah this site is free but you can pay us with pics. ;D ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Glad to have you here at the Forum cletus t.s.!

If you have any questions, just ask!

People here will jump on them questions like a duck on a june bug!

KevinG

Welcome to the forum cletus t.s., glad you lost it here.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Caneyscud

Welcome aboard cletus.  Really glad the first smoke came out great.  Be careful of the addiction!  Some of us have had it for a long time.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

cletus t.s.

thanks for the warm welcome everyone.  i made some hot smoked salmon last night and the better lookin' half said it was the best she had ever eaten!  if i keep it up she's going to want me to do all the cooking.  i suppose i won't mind making the trade if she wants to start doing all the yard work and home maintenance. ;)

OU812

Quote from: cletus t.s. on February 05, 2010, 02:29:14 PM
i suppose i won't mind making the trade if she wants to start doing all the yard work and home maintenance. ;)

Good Luck with that.  :D

ArnieM

Hi cletus t.s. and welcome to the forum.  Having a successful first smoke is encouraging - and addictive.  More, More.

You'll have plenty of time for your 'other' chores while the smoker is runnin'  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

cletus t.s.

thanks for having my back on the chores arnie.  something tells me you feel the same pain i do :)

RickWL63

Good choice Cletus, I got mine when Cabela's was offering employee pricing to veterans last Nov.  The learning curve is there, but it is short to overcome.

unclefish

I used his recipe to it was great, welcome , keep the fire lit

dbondy

Welcome to the forum Cletus.