Daytona pizza fattie ....

Started by outdoorsfellar, February 14, 2010, 02:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoorsfellar

Not that I follow Nascar that much ... I really thought Danica was racing today, but found out otherwise last night, I decided to kill two birds with one stone, one is celebrating the new racing season & the second is cooking something up for my wife for Valentines ... at least that's what I'm claiming, I've been wanting to do a fattie for a spell now & couldn't come up with a recipe. Pizza always sounds good to me, so I thought I'd incorporate that idea for the OBS, though I'm sure this is nothing new. First, is my mixture of ground chuck & Italian sausage with all the toppings ...

After 3 hrs of hickory & then, IT of 165 .....

I have to admit that with this being my 1st fattie, I didn't know what I was getting myself in to. I had this stuffed way too much, so when I rolled it, it kinda turned into a mess & I didn't have a solid outside covering of my base meat. Just the same, this ended up being quite tastey ! At least next time, I'll know what & what not to do, but it's all fun.

FLBentRider

Looks good ODF..

We all learn that fatty lesson the hard way.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

unclefish

still watching the race, cheap a-- brian france couldn't fix the track . That looks good even it does fall apart. i will have to try that 1 night.. whos going to win??????

Tenpoint5

Quote from: unclefish on February 14, 2010, 03:56:05 PM
still watching the race, cheap a-- brian france couldn't fix the track . That looks good even it does fall apart. i will have to try that 1 night.. whos going to win??????
That was a Great Race!!! Just like that Fattie ODF! As long as it tasted good who cares what it looks like.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Good job on your first fattie, it dont have to look good to taste good.

seemore

That looks great, OU!  I bet it was yummy in the tummy!
Mrs

Smokin Soon

There is no such thing as a Fattie mistake! It just makes us strive for "fattie perfection", which I hope never happens, cause fatties are FUN! ;D

Tiny Tim

Quote from: Smokin Soon on February 15, 2010, 08:13:56 PM
cause fatties are FUN! ;D

Why, thank you. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry, back to your regularly scheduled programming.