Iron Chef Bradley V Ingredient and Smack Talk

Started by Tenpoint5, February 09, 2010, 01:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

KevinG, I was wondering if you would make your ready to serve picture just a tad bit larger. Like I said to BCsmoking you went through the hassle of making making the dish, I want you to have a fair shake in the voting process. So I want everyone to be able to see your dish clearly.
Chris
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KevinG

Ok, I'll have to get it re-uploaded when I get home tonight.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tenpoint5

I hope everyone that was going to enter the Iron Chef Bradley has Posted their entry as I am preparing the Judging post and opening the Voting poll.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

The Voting Poll Has been opened. I have placed a thread at the end with all of the plated pictures in it to help in your decision making. (Just click on the "Go Down" in the upper left corner of the thread) Good Luck To everyone!!

Tenpoint5

Has everyone voted for their favorite entry? The voting will close at some point before noon on Friday the 5th of March.

SnellySmokesEm

I got my vote in!  Good job to all the participants.  I wish i could do a tasting on all the entries.  Cant wait for ICB VI! 
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

classicrockgriller

Congrats to everyone that turned in a "plate".

I had a hard time choosing, they were all great.

squirtthecat

Quote from: classicrockgriller on March 05, 2010, 09:00:31 AM
Congrats to everyone that turned in a "plate".

I had a hard time choosing, they were all great.

Ditto to that.   

I wanted to enter, but couldn't think of an original idea.  And I never would have thought of the one I voted for.....    (which I will be trying it at home one of these days)

Good luck everyone!

Tenpoint5

Just out of curiosity. Does everyone like the way the voting is done? Where you can see who is in the lead after you have voted, or should the results remain sealed until the voting is over? Just a thunk for future ICB's

classicrockgriller

For me personally, I consider this more than just a general infomation post.

There is merit to both ways.

FLBentRider

I think it would add to the suspense to have the results hidden until the voting is over.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

GAME OVER!!!
Congratulations to everyone that entered. You all did a great job on your entries!!

SnellySmokesEm

I like seeing a live status during the voting process but I also agree with FLBR that keeping the results hidden would add suspense.  Either way I like what you and all the contestants have done for the ICB.  Keep up the good work!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

Caribou

Quote from: FLBentRider on March 05, 2010, 09:33:40 AM
I think it would add to the suspense to have the results hidden until the voting is over.
I am in total agreement on this suggestion.  I think the added suspense would make it fun.
Carolyn

Pachanga

I would vote for instant updates.  It is more like a horse race.  The totals may change or one horse may run away with it.  Either way, it is a little entertainment every time I check and I review the recipes and photos more than once.  If it is just a one shot photo at the finish line, the thread will not be reviewed as often.

Pachanga