Thanks FLBR NEPA Ka Hanu CRG!!!

Started by SnellySmokesEm, November 01, 2010, 07:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnellySmokesEm

Randy - It was a pleasure meeting you and your family this weekend.  Great Job on the FLASO shirts and even the wifey commented on how nice they were.  (I told her that next year if she goes she might be lucky enough to have her own...  ;D) Thanks for all your generosity and help in planning and executing the 1st Annual FLASO.  Those jerky nuggets were out of this world!

Rick - Again, it was a pleasure to meet you and the Mrs.  Thanks for all the sausage, cheese, and CT, Bologna, spam....    Hopefully one day I can make sausage like that.  Enjoy the rest of your trip!  Oh and, thanks for some of your "secrets"!

Ka Hanu - Thanks for sending Paul our way with the goodies.  He's a very nice man and speaks very highly of you.  Those wassabbi macadamia nuts were somethin else.  I cant wait to get into the garlic/onion ones and I might need a little help on what to use the spices on!  Now, I'm ready for the surprise that we were promised!

CRG - What a great gesture!  That was the best brisket I have ever had.  I'm just glad I got a back of leftovers to take home and enjoy again!

Overall I think the 1st Annual FLASO was a hit.  We had great conversation, great food, great people, great weather, great State Park, great beverages.....

My friends were amazed at all the food and how good it was and were very thankful.

Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

FLBentRider

You're welcome and I also enjoyed meeting y'all and echo the same sentiments about the food.

The funny part was your friends - "more food? OMG!"

So lets plan the next one! - I know - NOT halloween weekend!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

Ka Hanu said the surprise is you get to foot the bill for the shipping costs!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SnellySmokesEm

My best guess as to the "surprise" (and it actually got everyones brains a turnin') was the "Paul" was really the turtle himself, Ka Hanu...
We may never know.....
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

Ka Honu

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on November 01, 2010, 12:20:33 PMMy best guess as to the "surprise" (and it actually got everyones brains a turnin') was the "Paul" was really the turtle himself, Ka Hanu...
We may never know.....

Close but no cigar - see "the rest of the story" post in the original FLSO thread.

classicrockgriller

Glad you guys had fun !

Can't wait to get started back getting the TSO going.

Hope we have as much FUN!